tuscl

Single mothers

Tuesday, April 6, 2004 8:48 PM
I've been watching several websites now. I noticed that one was extremely negative in that commentary, but I know that one club had a single mom (two kids, toddler ages) who danced to support herself and her children. I know that there's that old "standbye" about making rent, diapers, etc, but sometimes it's just true and the lady doesn't tell about it. If you learned that, through OTHER sources (aka not the girl herself as a whiny ploy), the dancer you were favoring was a mom in this boat, would you tip her more? Would you look down on her for dancing while her kids are with a sitter/relative? Thanks guys for answering. D.

13 comments

• padylan
    20 years ago
    I probably would tip more if I found out she was a single parent but would tip much less if I found out she was supporting her b/f or he was in the club
  • tom_pb
    20 years ago
    I'm not judgemental so it makes no difference that she has children. I spend money on a dancer to entertain me and if she does a good job I pay her what she deserves.
  • TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    I tip based on the dance, but I might be a little more generous if she was raising a child, not feeding a drug habit. You may as well throw the money out the window, instead of paying for a drug addicts next fix...
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Does the non-custodial dad, paying alimony and child support, get a discount on lap dances?
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Casual Guy, I've found that some of these women don't have any role models from whom they can ask advice. I've had dancers really open up to me, once they've gotten to know me. I find it both flattering and interesting, and I enjoy it. It can lead to a real closeness that's hard to come by under most other circumstances. One of the reasons I enjoy strip clubs. But I realize that not all guys want that.
  • geo4245
    20 years ago
    Favorite dancer? Found out not through her that she was a single mom? Yes, then I think I would tip more.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    That info doesn't affect my tipping one way or the other. I have to say though that I would rather not know that info. I go to strip clubs for entertainment/fun and/or relaxation, not to find out about other people's personal lives. When a stripper starts volunteering personal info that I never asked for such as she has 3 kids, age 3, 5, etc. blah, blah, I start wondering why she is telling me all this. I didn't think I was at a regular club. However if I'm attracted to a dancer and she volunteers info about herself, I may be flattered. Talking about boyfriends and kids doesn't exactly get me in the mood to get dances though.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    It might make for an interesting topic of conversation, but it would not influence how I tip one way or another. I would certainly not look down on a woman who is dancing to support her family.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Makes no difference to me but I don't give extra money as a result. I've had great times with several girls who were single mothers and have been a regular of two different ones. Usually they are more mature for their age which I tend to like. I've found that lots of dancers are single mothers, it's sometimes why they've chosen to dance (eg. more money in fewer hours away from home.)
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    It's nice and interesting to know they are a single mother, or whatever they are, but if I tip extra for a lap dance, it's not because they are a single mom.
  • awboy
    20 years ago
    No, the dancers family life doesn't influence my decision on how much to tip. Would I tip a waitress more if I found out she was a single mom? No. The tip is based solely on whether I feel the dancer is doing a good job or if I want more attention from her. Once I get to know them, and feel comforatble that their not just feeding me a sob story, then I may tip a little extra but nothing that will bring a major windfall their direction.
  • Mouse
    20 years ago
    I would not look down upon her, although I might feel bad that the father wasn't around to help, hence making her strip to earn a living. Of course, she could have hooked-up with a more upright man to begin with. Next time, she may not make the same mistake. I would tip based on the quality of her dances and how much I like her.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    I certainly wouldn't hold it against her. I prefer older dancers and many of them are single parents. I don't usualy "tip" dancers as, in the clubs I go to, 80 to 100% of the dance fee goes directly to the dancer(before tip outs & house fees of course). I do however tend to gravitate towards women who are self sufficient, helping to support their families or trying to put themselves through school. I avoid dancers who insist on pissing away their money on booze, drugs or lazy-ass boyfriends.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion