tuscl

OT: Cubs About To Start!

rockstar666
Illinois
108 years of failure has an outside chance of ending if they can get through the audition. Either way, it was an AMAZING season!

14 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    It is a shame so many great players played for the Cubs and never got to the WS
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Eh....I don't dwell on the past. This group now will be here a long time, and I'm excited about that.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Michael Jordan
    Walter Payton
    Scottie Pippen
    Richard Dent

Um.....um.... Johnny Evers? I dunno. I wasn't alive in 1908
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I'm a Pirate fan, it's time for them....beat em Bucs!
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    I read an article today saying Theo Epstien's building the Cubs the same way he built the World Series Winning Red Sox. Good luck.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Sorry mikeya02, when they hit the opposing pitcher, the team has quit.
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    As a die hard Reds fan it pains me to say that I am rooting for the Cubs to win the World Series this year.

After all, if that prediction from Back to the Future II comes true it would mean flying cars are next. After all in the 80's it seemed more realistic to predict flying cars to be standard by 2015 than to predict a Cubs championship.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Go Cubs, win it for Mr.Cub
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    If the Cubs had lost, I would have been pulling for the Pirates to win the World Series.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I'm not a Cubs fan but they used to be on WGN when I was a kid. They had a catcher named Randy Hundley who was nicknamed "The Rebel". When he batted, lots of fans in the bleachers would break out the Confederate battle flag and wave it.

I think that might be banned now.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    LOL Motor, times DO change!
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Greatest Cub ever: Fergie Jenkins. Look up his stats - unreal! 20 win seasons 7 out of 8 years with 20 complete games in 8 out of 9 consecutive years. And, for most of those, the team sucked.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/player…

Second greatest -- maybe one of the current team -- who knows. 108 years of futility means the bar is not that high.

#HateThe Cardinals
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ Don't forget Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Ron Santo, and others
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Present company excluded as favorites, I always liked how Ryne Sandburg played both on the field and off. Sosa provided many thrills even though we now see it as fraud. Those '69 Cubs were good but the Mets were a much better team. I can't wait to sweep the Cards!! Or at least win in 5...?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion