tuscl

Kansas City Clubs

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
I'm going to be in and around Kansas City soon and am wondering if it's worth the effort to go to a strip club while there. Based upon the reviews, the best clubs seem to be in Lawrence. However, some reviews state that the girls at these clubs are not open to much fun with non-regular out of owners. The number and quality of dancers during the week also seems to be sub par. Of even more concern, a couple of reviews say that you have to sign up for a membership and wait 10 days for the membership to be granted before you can enter. WTF?

Does anybody know if this crap is true? If so, I'll just get my fill of strippers before my trip.

22 comments

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    Are you staying downtown?

I don't have experience with KC strip clubs but I can offer some advice on the city in general.

1. Do not take a cab from airport to downtown if you're staying downtown. Rent a car.

2. The powerhouse or lighthouse district is pretty cool lots of night life, several cool sportsbars.

3. Always talk Kansas, never Kansas State

• georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    I'm betting that 20 year old information is no good anymore. Used to like Bazooka's, but I've heard clubs in KCMO went downhill when certain laws were introduced.

As for the KCK clubs, they were OK then. The reason for the "membership" was to get around certain laws concerning nudity. Worked well at the time, but I don't know how things have changed.

I certainly remember getting take out at both Bazooka's and one of the KCK clubs whose name I no longer see in the list. I don't know if that absence is my memory, a closure, a name change or what.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    @georgmicrodong-
    KCK banned strip clubs years ago. A lot of clubs in Kansas have memberships because of Kansas's alcohol laws. As for Missouri, I just simply pass.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    IDK shit about KC clubs but have the inkling they may be low-mileage – Bazooka's and Temptations seems to have the most reviews so I “assume” they may be the most popular and well-liked.

I'd say give them a try – beats sitting in the hotel room - and not to say that OTC is not doable.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I would assume that St. Louis, actually East St. Louis and the other muni's that all converge right there, are the answer to what is absent in KC.

But we do have one member in the greater KC area, who finds clubs in places like Olathe and Lawrence to be good. I'll PM him now.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Rech, anyone can see the distance on a map. It is just that East St. Louis is one of the most infamous places in the country. We will see if our person from Kansas City wants to chime in.

Rech, you need to just lock yourself in a room somewhere and fuck yourself.

SJG
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    OT: My musician friend Kawehi lives in Lawrence! Check out her YouTube vids!! If she's playing in town check her out; she'll often do small bars to try out material.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ does she have bit tits?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Skip the strip clubs and get some BBQ

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    The only bbq i had there sucked ass
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @motorhead: Agreed Newell, maybe not *skip* the club, but definitely get some BBQ.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Papi: LOL no, she's Hawaiian and has small tits, and is deeply in love with her husband Paul. But she's an amazing artist; she does looping of covers. She has actual talent and is making money, unlike me who is just masturbating in the music biz. If she's playing, see her!! But she's been touring pretty steadily the last 2 years so chances are she's somewhere else. I don't know what she's up to at the moment.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Thanks. I'm going to try to fly through Atlanta and stop at Follies instead.
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    @Rech “You idiot, St Louis is a 4 hour drive from KC. How about you shut the fuck up about everything you don't know a fucking thing about?”

i think i see the problem. san_jose_guy’s map has a huge gravy stain all over Kansas and Missouri.

maybe his person in KC can add more insights….<------lmfao
  • jayhawk123
    9 years ago
    Ok.....I am the one that got the PM that you guys were talking about strip clubs in and near KC. First off I want to say I know how Joe got to be called Crazy Joe because he has to be crazy or doesn't know good food when he eats it to say the BBQ he had in KC was bad. KC has best BBQ in country. There really isn't a bad choice but some of the best are Gates, Arthur Bryants, and Joe's Kansas City (formerly Oklahoma Joes). Joe's Kansas City is my personal favorite. As for strip clubs I have only tried a couple of the Missouri side and that has been more than 5 years ago now. They made laws more strict about no touch on floor. I have read reviews for a couple that say depending on time of day and what bouncer is working there can be a little bit going on in VIP booths. I personally like the clubs in Lawrence. Actually the one specifically I like and have gone to for many years is Paradise Saloon. What the op said above though is true. Paradise is a member only club. You pay $15 once a year and don't pay any cover. I have had a membership there for very long time but have heard there is a 10 day waiting list. I have heard of some people going online and being able to call them or register a membership online at least 10 days out and then being able to go in when they are in town. Also what was mentioned above is true with many girls having regulars they spend alot of time with. That is why I like it when I have a CF because I know I will get attention from her and can text her to let her know I am coming. My CF recently got fired so now the last few times I have gone a couple of times I was able to get the girls I wanted to come over to come over when I tipped them onstage but other times I have money in my pocket for dances and can't get girls that I want to come over to come over and I am a regular in this club. The best part of this club is it is only $10 for full contact topless dances. Extras really aren't to be had here. Also OTC has been very difficult for me. If you have anymore questions just ask.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    @ JS - looks like you'd be better off heading over to Lawrence, KS and the drive does not seem too far.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Lawrence is a college town, and one where the live music venues have been critically acclaimed. It has always looked interesting to me.

Long term home of William S. Borroughs.

It was also the place which pro-slavery agitators from Missouri sacked.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/…
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Jayhawk, thanks. I'll get my fill of barbecue but for strippers I still think I'll try to fly thru Atlanta.
  • jayhawk123
    9 years ago
    If even half the stuff that is written on here about Atlanta, Detroit, etc is true with the extras ITC then I would get what you need in Atlanta too. Living here I have to go to the best available in driving distance. Depending on where in KC you stay Lawrence is anywhere from as short as a 30 minute drive if you stay somewhere in the nicer parts like in the Johnson County area on the Kansas side (by far the safest area to get a hotel) or if staying on Missouri side it may take you closer to an hour to get to Lawrence. Definitely look up Joe's Kansas City for the BBQ. The Z Man sandwich is the favorite there for many people
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Do you ever go to East St. Louis? Seems like that would be the closest extreme place to you.

Thanks for providing the info for our extremely active TUSCL bro JS69.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/…

Stevie Ray Vaughan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIhVJnYa…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion