tuscl

OT: Neck tattoos

Clackport
Washington
Saturday, October 3, 2015 10:27 AM
Lately, I've seen quite a few female civilians with tattoos on the back of their necks. Is that the new trend or something? Why do they do that? Do they think it looks good? Thoughts

17 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Don't ever remember that. Maybe it's a Portland thing?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    From all the threads in the past I think most TUSCLers are not into tats especially the big ones or ones in certain areas. I'm not into tats either – but w.r.t. neck tats I would say I'd be less turned off with one in the back of the neck than on the side or the front/throat-area – I guess part of it is that in the back of the neck it can easily be covered by the hair; and I also have not really seen any in the back of the neck that I can remember so maybe if I see one I may be really turned off.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    It could be just a Portland thing, but why they do it makes no sense to me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I understand that tats are sorta trendy and some can look sexy and artistic – but it seems as if some people are almost addicted to them to where they prefer to have most of their skin tatted vs it being natural. I had a short late-afternoon visit to a local black dive yesterday and had two young, attractive, latte-skinned dancers that danced for me – one had her left butt cheek almost completed tatted w/ a big tat but did not really turn me off that much (probably b/c she had a great ass); but she had her stomach almost all tatted up too and that looked ghetto as fuck even though she was a nice looking chick with a nice personality. The other dancer was a supa-slim barbie w/ a very pretty face and pretty, light, latte-skin – she pretty much had one side of her body completed tatted (torso; arm sleeve tat; etc) – I do find some tats sexy in the right places and in the right size; but some dancers just way over do it IMO.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Ones I see a bit now a days from time to time is in the back of the calf (especially if it's both calfs) – for w/e reason that turns me off even more than if it was on the side of the calf.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Trust me, it's not just a Portland thing. To me, a neck tattoo says "eh fuck it I never want to hold a real job," regardless if you're a male or female. The latest tattoo hack is girls getting big tattoos behind their ears, that hang down almost resembling earrings. Usually they look like a peacock feather.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I wonder if face tattoos are the next thing – I'm being facetious but can't say I'd be completely shocked.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I agree w/shailynn I doubt that I would hire a person male OR female with a neck tattoo or facial markings its just too far out there for my taste. If a person applies for a good paying regular job its just old fashioned common sense that any tattoos that they have be concealed by clothing in order to make a good appearance.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I've seen some of the neck tats and who knows why they get them or any other tats. Even my own daughter got one as a birthday present. The only reason that I've heard is because everybody else is doing it. Some professions really frown upon them. The medical field in particular. I had to go to urgent care a year ago and a male nurse treated me. His arms were visibly covered with tats. I asked him if that caused him any problems with employment and he said yes. He got them when he was a navy medic and now urgent care was the only door open to him.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    A few tasteful tats are ok but the ones people are getting nowadays where it's on their face, neck, full sleeve on arm or leg are just beyond good taste. Do they even think 20, 30 or 50 years down the road? papi, i've never understood all the strippers we see with matching tats on the back of their calfs or even ass cheeks. We've seen a bow on each calf and then there's the ever popular diamond on the back of each calf. I wish we knew some strippers (ahem, ahem) who could maybe shed some light on these.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    A person with a neck tattoo isn't serious about wanting to get a good job.
  • Joe from NJ
    9 years ago
    I really don't like tats. I think that they destroy the natural beauty of a lady.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    Ranukam. Shouldn't we be judged on what we are and what we know and not what we look like?
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    To Londonguy if you want respect when applying for a job you need to look the part assume that others are going after the same position tha most attractive candidate is who I'm going to hire attractive means looks, qualifications and desire. So yes if you want to succeed in business you need to look the part as well as have the smarts.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    SD is a tattoo heavy town. Lotta Bros with tattoos. I've seen neck and behind the ear tattoos on girls. They can hide under hair, which is probably a selling point.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Yes if a tat is not visible it generally will not cause the wearer a problem but when it is in your face most hiring managers will use it as part of an overall evaluation and it is generally a negative in my opinion
  • runnoft
    9 years ago
    I can think of at least one reason. They have the option of showing it or hiding it by putting their hair up or down. At the office? Leave your hair down and it's covered. Out clubbing? Put your hair up and show it off.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion