tuscl

How do you get a customer to buy a dance?

Sunday, May 16, 2004 7:12 AM
I was sitting with a dancer the other day and we were talking about how it's been a slow spring for her and the club she works at. The other day there were only a a handful of customers, so she and some of the other club staff were trying to come up with lines to use to get a customer to buy a dance. So here's my question... Dancers - Let's say its not very busy, and the guys don't seem very conversational. Besides, "wanna a dance?", what lines or creative ways have you used to motivate a customer to get a dance? Customers - Let's say you were sitting in a place with no real particular interest in getting a dance, what creative approaches have you experieced where you just had to say, "yes" to dance?

10 comments

• Clubber
    20 years ago
    verfolgung, that is one i've not heard, as i recall, but i like it.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    I was sitting in a club yesterday afternoon (Memorial Day) and it was pretty dead. I had been hanging out for a couple of hours and had yet to feel compelled to get a dance. Around 6:00 a dancer showed up for the night shift - man, she was a bundle of energy. She came over and sat down with me and we had the typical "get to know ya" conversation, but throughout it she was all energy and smiles. She completely brightened by day, and I could help but to start smiling as well. Eventually she leaned towards me and with a wink and a smile asked, "Alright, how should we have fun tonight?" I just thought this was a creative way to ask for a dance and it completely fit her personality. I ahd planned on leaving at 7:00, but before I knew it it was 9:00.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Thanks for all the great feedback everyone.
  • clover
    20 years ago
    Most men are very visual and are constantly scaning the room for points of interest. If girls would move around the room and make eye contact with all the customers they would wave over the girls they have scoped out and are waiting to dance with.
  • tom_pb
    20 years ago
    My ATf came up to me and said "Are you horny?" I answered always. We talked for a while that day about our backgrounds and I came back a few days later and bought a couple of dances. She never asked me if I was horny again but I did buy dances in and outside of the VIP room for about a year and still talk to her via email. She left the area a few months ago. What made me come back time and again was her personality and honesty. Her body wasn't bad either but after the first meeting it wasn't the draw.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Sometimes it's what you don't say that gets you the dance. I met my ATF on afternoon when I was just hanging out and not really planning on getting dances. We talked for the hour between her stage sets and for an hour after that. In those two hours she never once asked me for a dance. I watched her next set and while she was up on stage, I walked up, tipped her and told her there was no way I was leaving the club that afternoon without getting a dance. She giggled and replied, I was hoping you would say that. I did 5 dances with her that afternoon and many more over the next two years until she retired. This story may be of no help to a girl trying to make her goal on a slow afternoon but I think it drives home the point that personality and some genuineness can go a long way in a business where both are sometimes in short supply.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Be friendly, but not aggressive. Don't whine about how bad things are or how much you need to make.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    If a dancer comes over, asks if I'd like some company, and I say yes I will almost always buy at least one dance or tip her an equivalent amount. If we hit it off conversationally, I'll buy more than one dance regardless of the amount of contact allowed. And if I really like the first dance, we'll head for the VIP if there is one and it isn't too expensive. In my experience the main reason that girls don't get many private dances is that they're often overpriced. I will rarely pay more than $20 and my favorite places are cheaper than that. If places charged less they'd do a lot more business. Many clubs have priced themselves out of the market by being too greedy.
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    For me, a hand placed in a certain area that makes me think "wrong headed". does it for me. most times. Although, there are exceptions!
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    OK, I should have qaulified my question a little more. What lines or approaches have you used or experienced without including promises or suggestions for illegal activity or extras? Basically, what works to sell a dance - and just a dance? Thanks for the feedback so far. Please keep it coming.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion