tuscl

OT: Reality Television

Are you a fan of reality television? Whenever I'm spending time with one of my civilian girls, they seem to always want to watch some type of reality show, especially those that are on MTV and VH1. I'm not a fan of reality shows in general (Pawn Stars and T.I's Family Hustle are two big exceptions) and even less of a fan of those ridiculous shows that are on those two channels. Way too much fighting, ratchetness, and ghetto-like behavior. But I'm forced to watch it with them because I know that it will eventually lead to a good time in the bedroom.

16 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I have no TV service other than Netflix and I only watch their movies.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Wow Scat,The ex really sucked you dry.
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    I'm another internet refugee. Bullshit paying over a $100 bucks a month for shit I don't like. hulu.com for me... but may get a netflix account.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I can't stand reality TV shows; I get irritated and my blood-pressure rises at the ratchetness as Gewings put it – but for w/e reason most women seem to love/eat-up that kinda shit/drama.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    You guys should get a Roku box. Tons of great streaming channels
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I watched Naked & Afraid and Survivor. I used to watch AI but I quit a few years ago. I never watch the chick flick type reality shows, like the Kardashians and their clones.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Love to watch Deadliest Catch. It reminds me that my life doesn't REALLY suck. Also, I enjoy Bar Rescue and The Profit, on occasion, but am getting bored lately.
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    Strip clubs provide enough ratchet reality. No need to watch TV for it.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Oh yes; I watch Deadliest Catch off and on.
  • crsm27
    9 years ago
    Reality TV is killing the USA and our brains. IMHO.

Now after that statement I will contradict myself because I watch Deadliest catch, naked and afraid type shows. Some other reality shows I watch and laugh at how dumb they really are.

Now with the crap on MTV and VH1..... only thing I watch there is RW/Road Rules Challenges. Because I like to see the stunts they have to do.

All of the Teen moms, 16 and prego, etc. All that BS is giving people who made mistakes their 15 mins of fame. Then don't get me even started on the Kardashian's.

But all of this is dumbing down of America and think about it nobody seems to be-able to write a whitty comedy anymore. I used to love watching 2 broke girls but even those writers are starting to run its course. They seem to keep repeating the jokes.

The sad part is that writers have been shown the way to write comedy series..... Look at friends, how I meet your mother, seinfield, etc. You get a group of friends and then have them interact. Make that dynamic work....and you can have a hit. Just change the era.... Friends was 90's/2000's.... How I meet your mother.... 2000's to 2010's. Seinfield... 80's and 90's. Make jokes that pertain to the main demographic of the time frame..... ie: 90's 2000's pop references. If I cold write I would try.

But we are getting bombarded with all the Reality TV stuff.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    This is why I don't watch a lot of television. Too much junk and stupidity. Not to mention glorifying trash.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I too hate most reality TV. I can't believe the popularity of the genre has lasted so long. (But the I'm surprised rap / hip hop has remained popular for 30 years).

I watch some Pawn Stars and Chopped in the food network but that's it.

I've never watched any of that Big Brother or Survivor and Duck Dynasty or Duggar crap
  • Player11
    9 years ago
    I liked Kendra Wilkinson show but they did not show enough of her in bik n stuff. I like that flip or flop show too - that Christina gal is so hot.
  • Henry_R1234
    9 years ago
    I like Ice Road Truckers, but that's about it.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I enjoy Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and Bar Rescue, along with a smattering of Shark Tank and some of those cooking-competition shows. Big Brother, Survivor, The Kardashians -- anything like that, the only way I'll even consider watching it is if it's Big Brother vs. Survivor vs. Kardashians vs. et al vs. The Taliban vs. ISIS. That could be a fun show to watch.
  • Dancer_
    9 years ago
    I used to watch "Virgin diaries" and "16 and pregnant"(smh, I always felt like slapping these bitches for their entitled, disrespectful attitude to their parents). Actually I was watching wayyyy more reality shows when I was at high school, I just can't remember now. Not anymore though. I don't even have TV now, I just use Netflix for movies and TV-shows.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion