tuscl

Has anyone thought about starting their own club??

Friday, June 11, 2004 11:44 PM
For the guys who have been going to the stripclubs on regular basis have you ever thought about starting your own? I have thought about it some but 2things have stop me from actually persuing it. (1)Even though I go to stripclubs I still have a chrisitian background although I am not as devoted as my parents. No one in my family knows I go or have been to a stripclub. Yes, I know I am grown and have to make my own decision but I don't want my family to frown upon me. 2. Where I live their are too many restrictions on the club. If you serve alcohol the girls can't be nude and if they are nude you can't serve alcohol. I think that I would be successful in it because I have been to enough of them to know what the public wants. Where I live at we don't have enough of grade A girls that work at the clubs. I want a club with 8's and 10's not 5 & 6's type females. I have also thought of my own ideas to add to my club like a CD player built in to the wall of the private dance/Lapdance room. If anyone is like me I don't always want to here what the D.J. is playing while I am getting a dance I want to here what I want. I would have a filing cabinet of CD's ranging from Rock,R&B,country, Rap, and oldies. Whatever the customer wanted all he and the dancer would have to do was pick it out. Well, what are your thought? I want to here your ideas.

9 comments

• WiseGuy
    20 years ago
    If i had the millions it takes to start and run my own quality club, i would keep the money and the lady(s) to myself. I would not care about letting guys get their jollies off my buck and would not want the club headache that Yoda describes.
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    I own a business, just a pizza shop, and IT can be a PITA! I can't imagine how difficult a club could be.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Be prepared to pay bribes.
  • Jpac73
    20 years ago
    Casual Guy I live in the South as well. I am not a alcoholic but it is a shame that alot of the dance clubs close earlier on Saturday nights because they can't sell liquor past 12:00AM. Most of the clubs close around 1:30 or 2:00 o'clock on Saturdays. I guess this is why they refer to the southern region as the Bible belt.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I believe the attack on strip clubs is a nationwide trend from bits of pieces of news I've heard, not just in the south. You remember the nationwide ruling about strip clubs have to be a certain distance away from schools, churches, etc.? As far as the liquor law or no beer sold in grocery stores on Sunday, I can't think of any good reason for this law but since when do elected politicians need a good reason (bit of sarcasm). As far as the bible belt goes, I remember when I went to college there seemed to be a bar on every corner of campus, then later I got a new job much farther south and now there seems to be a church on every corner. I believe running any business is alot of hassle and work but if it's your cup of tea, I guess you could do some research on it.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Perhaps another question or thread along this line of thought might be "What are the key factors to a successful strip club?" I would think location, talent, prices, atmosphere, and the right social and/or political connections.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to OWN a strip club when you can be a customer and have nothing to worry about except which girl you are gonna pick tonight??? Owning a strip club may be profitable but it's also a lot of work, a lot of aggrivation, a lot of BS and a lot of work all over again. No thanks, I'll stick to being a patron.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Don't forget in some areas of the country you would have to constantly fight off all those who believe strip clubs should be illegal and are immoral. I believe they would and have done a number of things to close down existing clubs. For that matter, I live in a town where I heard some people may have fought off the possibility of a Hooters restaurant from coming to town. I'm not sure if that's true but I wouldn't put it past some of the people here in the South. You still can't buy beer in the grocery store on Sunday here either. I think that law is really silly.
  • baddy
    20 years ago
    I'd thought about it too just as a 'what if' type scenario (i've never been in a financial position to open any business) because strip clubs clearly can be very profitable. Just counting heads on a weekend night, their cover charge alone would be enough to turn a strong profit, not to mention every other money making aspect of the club. The weirdest aspect is the zoning laws or whatever that prevents strip clubs from being opened in certain areas. Literally all the strip clubs are in total shithole neighborhoods, the types of places that only source of income is strip clubs so they allow it. I would not want to run a business in one of those neighborhoods, and since I don't think I'm the first person to think of opening a club in a decent part of town, I'm sure that wouldn't happen either. The other thing that I have always thought of, which is more of a sterotype I suppose, is that strip clubs are run by the mob. I don't know if average joe can just open a club without taking heat, there has to be some kind of payola going on or something... dunno. I agree though, owning a club would be a very profitable (and fun!) venture.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion