tuscl

Re: Propping Or Flagging A Review

How recent should one's club knowledge be before a club review is flagged or propped? A couple of recent reviews seemed to be outright bogus compared to my experiences in the reviewed clubs. However, my experiences were over two years old so I held off on the flagging.

I would be curious if club behaviour could be so radically changed in just two years but I won't be revisiting those two clubs in this lifetime to see for myself.

5 comments

• sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Things can change a lot in 2 years. Owners can change overnight. Different dancers can start working who know nothing of club rules.

It could be like watching the republicans debate without trump. likely boing with low tv ratings. Then bring in Trump, people start laughing or get entertained.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Shill reviews are usually pretty obvious and should be flagged even if you have never been to the club. If you're not sure if the information contained in a review is correct, it is probably best to just let it pass. If you like what the reviewer has said, by all means prop it.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    I've taken to "Propping" reviews as a way to comment on them. Sometimes to correct or confirm something in a review, etc. Review Props don't really seem to make reviews count towards ratings any more than unpropped reviews, or anything like that. So, I tend to think they serve the purpose you intend. I wouldn't flag a review based on personal experience that's more than a few months old though.
  • Experimental
    9 years ago
    Change of such magnitude is pretty unlikely unless other major change has also happened, like new owner.

I have seen big changes in clubs before though. I used to go to this one place that was known for good 2 way dances, then the owner got it in his head to install VIP rooms and just let the dancers do whatever they want in there. It was cool for awhile but of course LE eventually got wind of it, did a sting and boom, club shuttered a year later.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Things can definitely change in 2 years.

I've gone to some clubs in the winter time and gone back in the summer time and the staff and dancers were all different. I didn't know anyone there anymore from my previous visit less than 6 months before... there was all new girls.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion