tuscl

OT: Your favorite football player of all time ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Mine is former Dallas Cowboys running back Tory Dorsett – I'm not saying he's the best player or RB of all-time; just my fave.

34 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    You mean Tony, and he was awesome. Fast SOB
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    It makes no sense whatsoever but: Ahmad Rashād. Vikings fans don't have much to hang their hats on and his Hail Mary catch against Cleveland in 1980 is one of best football memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwWdA-o0…
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Oops - that was a typo - yeah I meant Tony Dorsett
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Randy moss
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Barry Motherfuckin' Sanders
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    Cris Carter
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Tossup between Jim Brown and Joe Namath, in the more recent era I like Larry Taylor from the N.Y.Giants because no one in his time dominated a game like he did he was a complete monster
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Close toss up between Peyton Manning and Kenny Stabler
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    LaDainian Tomlinson
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Larry Csonka. I was a Dolphins fan as a kid.
  • SuperDude
    9 years ago
    Jim Brown of the Cleveland Browns
  • rl27
    9 years ago
    To me it's Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Joe Montana, and Frank Ryan.

I never saw Frank Ryan play, but heard a lot about him from many Browns fans when I grew up, for being the last Browns quarterback to win the championship. The thing that impressed me most is that while he played for the Browns, he went to graduate school and received a Ph. D in mathematics from Rice, and became an assistant professor of mathematics at Case Institute of Technology.

As Red Smith said "the Browns' offense consisted of a quarterback who understood Einstein’s theory of relativity and ten teammates who didn’t know there was one"
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    My other favorite player is also how this sentence is completed:

"I went to a strip club last night and had my _________"

http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1963_…
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    @Meursault-
    That is my first real memory of the Vikings. I specifically remember the priest from my church came to our house that day, for reasons that I don't remember. It was the first weird day of my life that I remember.

On the flip side Tony Dorsett once scored a 99 yard TD against the Vikings while Dallas had only ten men on the field.

My favorite player, however, was William Perry, aka the Fridge, and a Bear.

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    Franco Harris.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    WR --! HOF inductee this year -- Tim Brown RAIDERS!!!! I actually got him tI autograph my hat 20 years ago, super proud to be a fan.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Lawrence Taylor,the man literally changed the game of football. Who's this Dick Butkus guy?
  • Bondir
    9 years ago
    Jerry Rice
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    Larry Csonka, the heart and soul of the Dolphins during their best days.

Honorable mention, Manny Fernandez.

Got to meet both.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Garo Yepremian, from Cyprus, one of the first soccer style kickers in the NFL.

From Wikipedia: In his first game his coach told him that their team had lost the coin toss, at which point Yepremian ran to midfield and dropped to his knees looking for the coin.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Honorable mention, Night Train Lane. A little before my time, but I grew up hearing my older brothers and my dad rave about him in the years before grabbing the face mask was a bad thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYdH1tuq…
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Walter Payton. Easy. Jumped over, ran around, ran through defenders. Caught and threw for TDs. Missed 1 game his entire career -- coaches decision (and was pissed about it).
    RIP Wally
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ It just occured to me that Payton and Tomlinson were practically the same player
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Hmm...might be Steve Young, at least in the pros. In college and overall, it'd have to be Dale Dawkins (WR for Miami in the late 80s).
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    Such a hard question since football is the ultimate team sport but someone who always stood out on my fav team would be Jack Lambert.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    GACAclub....the hall of fame inductions last night were great................tim brown did his thing!!!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I consider myself a pretty hard core football fan but Will Shields, who was inducted last night, must be the greatest player I don't remember.

He played in 12 straight Pro Bowls ftom
    1995 to 2006. The 12 Pro Bowls ties the all time NFL record.

He played in apparent obscurity for the Kansas City Chiefs because I can't remember him.
  • magicrat
    9 years ago
    An oldie...Bart Starr
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Mines a toss up between Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. But I'd probably go with Payton if I had to choose.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    motor,

he was a part of all those great offensive lines that trent green threw behind and priest holmes and larry johnson ran behind
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    @Motor. If you ever played Madden Football in your life you would remember him. He was always a player someone would try to sneak on their custome team
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    Donny Anderson, never made in "big" with Green Bay but was great to watch. His college days at Texas Tech were phenom. I wish the Packers had an Offensive line to give him more running room.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    John Abraham because his favorite seat at Follies was the same as mine. :)
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Ol' Spaghetti Legs.................Jackie Parker
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion