tuscl

Sex With Robots Will Be 'The 'Norm' in 50 Years

Friday, August 7, 2015 3:58 PM
<[view link]> I don't know. Part of the allure is the disbelief that this real life person, a stranger, is . . .

20 comments

• Mr. Ed
    9 years ago
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Depends on a lot of things but robots can never have human emotions. But supposedly they can think on their own so who knows. One day they might decide the worthless humans are not worthy and destroy them all.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ Wouldn't trust them, You know there will be a button somewhere, that when pushed, would activate the robot rebellion.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    I gotta admit that robot in the picture looks a lot better than any other Norm I've known.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Consider the dangers of sex with a robot: [view link]
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    Ugh! Glad I'll be dead in 50 years. Don't want a "perfect" woman, and certainly don't want a perfect pseudo-woman.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    if you thought many a lap-dance was mechanical now ... Thank you - I'll be here all week :)
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Move to Stepford! Great if you're a guy....
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Lol Papi Ba dum bum tsss!!!
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Funny ass shit jack
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I wonder if 50 years from now PLs will still be susceptible to the female robots asking them for loans – hmm?
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I don't think this is ever going to be the norm. On both sides, people are going to want to be doing it with real people. SJG Jumpin' Jack Flash [view link]
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    People's days as the dominant intelligence are seriously numbered. After that I think robots and humans merge, but just for the sake allowing the humans to live forever, as the intelligence quickly becomes less human like (thank god!) Should definitely be all wrapped up in 50y, probably sooner.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    How does it feel to be Nietzsche's Last Men? :-)
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    About the last days of being the dominant intelligence, you could be right. About being Das Last Man, it sucks. I've been trying to get beyond it now for decades. SJG
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    I knew SJG would get that one.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    :-)
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Getting going on this forum has actually helped in my quest to get beyond the neuroticism of Das Last Man. SJG
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    "Where's the rest of the robot?" "I only built the hand" "Because... the hand was all you needed..."
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Donna Haraway, UC Santa Cruz [view link] Simians, Cyborgs, and Women [view link] Cyborg Manifesto [view link] SJG [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion