tuscl

Clear Plastic Platform Shoes

Friday, July 16, 2004 4:11 AM
I have wondered for awhile why dancers wear these platform shoes. It has to be murder on the feet, and damn hard to dance in (I imagine) Who came up with that one? What would be wrong with dancing in sandals, or in a carpeted place, barefoot? I would think that would be just as sexy, and might even be more sexy, and alluring. I have had dances where the dancer took off her shoes, and she was much more comfortable. Comments?

5 comments

• Sexie
    20 years ago
    i do agree those heels do kill your feet at the end of the night i do need a good long pedicure or foot message would be great. but sometimes i do too dance for custumers barefoot if asked to do so, or its been an extremely long hard night and my shoes come off towards the end of the night.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    High heels force a woman to walk with shoulders back and breasts thrust forward. More is better?
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I've been to clubs where girls were allowed to dance barefoot. I liked it much better than the silly heels, which don't do anything for me.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Simple answer men. In most clubs it's a rule, not an option.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    The shoes are a sex appeal thing. It starts with high heal shoes. Wearing high heals forces one to walk on their toes, and it raises the back of the leg and ultimately the buttocks. (Ever see a woman bend over with heals, and then without heals? Trust me, there's a difference.) Wearing heals over time will strenghten one's legs, help firm up the buttocks and can acutally help to enhance one's posture as well. Now normal high heal shoes force all weight down to two points, the heal and the toes. Most platform shoes acutally have more surface area in contact with the ground than the normal high heal shoe thus more area for the pressure to be spread out over. Now why women go from 4" heals to 5" to 7" or 9", well that's just statement thing, and they are looking to stand out from the crowd. Now don't get me wrong, I've never understood why women put themselves through this, and don't really think they have to. When ever I get dances from one of my favorite dancers I always ask her to take off her shoes. I make it sound like she'd doing me a favor, but she is very appreciative to be able to give her feet a rest. (BTW - If you good at it, and depending on the dancer, it's usually cool to offer a foot rub. Most dancers have tired feet, especially at the end of their shift, and will welcome a little pampering.)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion