tuscl

Drink hustle

11bravo88
California
Monday, August 3, 2015 10:21 AM
Besides Deja Vu Industry, which SC's in southern cal do not have "buy the lady a drink" hustle. And in the event you run into this scam, what's the best way to deal with it without appearing too cheap? Would a small tip to the waitress and dancer work?

18 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I've seen it in several COI clubs. Don't remember it anywhere else in So Cal but that's probably because I generally refuse to patronize clubs that use this ripoff.
  • occurious
    9 years ago
    Exstacy in Santa Ana (almost Costa Mesa) doesn't and in general the atmosphere is very laid back. They are also one of the few places that makes sure there is always a dancer on stage.

BNL in Pomona I don't believe has the drink hustle but it's been a while since I've been there.

Taboo in Anaheim doesn't either and is very laid back as well.

BTW the worst is Flamingo in Anaheim, some of the waitresses are so obnoxious you just want to leave.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    You could say "It's ok I think I may have a lap dance from her and then she can buy one herself", or "not on this occasion thank you". I hate this drink hustle, I'm perfectly able to decide whether to buy a lady a drink without being prompted.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    In tbe COI, SRCOI isn't too bad. Avoid Bliss, Synn & Paradise there because they are relentless with the dancer drink push.
    There are so many nude clubs in LA, and most do not have a big dancer drink hustle. It's the UHM clubs in COI that typically do.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Remember:

1. The dancer cannot discourage the drink purchase.

2. The dancer probably does not want a drink.

3. The waitress might be just as much fun as the dancers are.

Everything costs money, but if you have some to spend and you are clever, I'm sure you can make a good time out of it without being played for a chump.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    "2. The dancer probably does not want a drink."

This contradicts everything I know about strippers. They want drinks and drugs and money.
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    IME, SRI, and Silver Reign are the worst wrt drink hustle. LAX area clubs (like Bare Ellegance, Jet Strip) aren't drink hustlers, nor is 4 Play. I just simply say no thanks.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Okay, I have trouble sympathizing because I'm usually the one pushing the stripper to do shots with me, and I typically eject from the table any girl who DOESN'T drink (or who drinks but doesn't keep up). And even if I didn't want to do shots, if I wanted her to spend time with me, I'd probably offer her at least one drink. Maybe take it up with the stripper before the waitress ever comes over: "I'd rather spend my money on you than give it to the club for overpriced drinks, but if you'd like a redbull or whatever, I'm happy to get it for you, as long as it's not a super overpriced cocktail". That way, if you're the type who feels awkward having this discussion live in front of both the stripper and the waitress, you've already got it handled.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Grow some balls – just fucking say no – do you buy everything everyone sells you?

It's your $$$ - who cares what people/staff in a strip-club think of you – most of them are lowlifes anyway.

I don't buy a dancer a drink whether it's a waitress or a dancer asking – I buy it if I want to and feel I'm going to spend some extended time w/ the dancer; but I'm not gonna buy a drink for every dancer that comes by to talk to me.

If I'm not interested in the dancer; then I'm normally not gonna buy a drink for her – and if I am interested in her I may still not buy her a drink and I tell her I rather spend my $$$ on dances and they seem fine w/ that.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    I think some places mark the prices up on dancer drinks and some places(obviously) the drinks taste watered down so I usually don't do it.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Don't know about socal(only been to one dive bar) but this isn't really all that common though.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    We are talking about buying ladies drinks at nude clubs - there is no booze involved. I doubt that many of us would have too much of an issue buying the lady a cocktail, but its not an option.
    I was at a well known Orange County dirty club yesterday that has a brutal drink hustle. The dancer had only parked her cute ass in the seat next to me for a second and the waitress was on me. Turns out that unless you specify that you'd like to buy her a small ladies drink ($10), you'll get charged for a large ($20). Fucking obscene.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Gotta agree with Papi here.

Grow a sack and learn how to say 'NO' in a strong forceful voice.
  • rick33
    9 years ago
    Monarchs doesnt hustle drinks, exstacy includes drinks in entrance fee,,,
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Sad news - Monarchs is closed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ another nice relatively new club which seemed to never be able to get off the ground
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Agreed about Monarchs. They took over the spot where the beloved Hawaii Theatre used to be. Hallowed grounds. Problem was too many clubs saturated the area. It's too bad coz it was a beautiful club with some hot dancers.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Never heard Papi-chulo be so brutally honest before. But I agree with him
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion