tuscl

Nominations for biggest Rip Off Joint (ROJ)

rh48hr
Wakanda
Sunday, August 2, 2015 9:56 PM
Looking at reviews are great when we are going to an area we are not familiar with but sometimes it's hard figuring out the best place to go or where we should or should not spend our money. So I thought it would be cool if people nominate the biggest Rip Off Joints in their area to help guys out to not get taken.

For this thread, list a club in your area that sell you a bill of goods on a regular basis. Ex. Tell you one price and then they upsell you once they have you back in VIP. Customer service is horrible, drink prices are ridiculous. Things of that nature. Also reviews of the place should consistently have unsatisfied customers. Dancer quality has no bearing on this thread. Also posting a link to the reviews of the place would be helpful

For the Phoenix metro area I nominate Dream Palace in Tempe. The girls there are attractive, but they try to lure you into VIP with promises of lots of fun but once you are there they will ask for more money to do basic things you could get for less anywhere else in Phoenix.
If you are in the Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale area do not go to this place. There are much better options and if you are "just in the area" drive a mile or do so up the road and there is a club in Scottsdale (skin) where you can get 10 dollar dances. Plus the best clubs in Phoenix (Bourbon Street and Hi-liter) are within 10-20 minutes of this club.
https://www.tuscl.net/club.php?ID=3113

Where do you mainly club and who do you nominate?

24 comments

• minnow
    9 years ago
    I could name some clubs that have gone out of business, I'll second DP-Tempe as being a serious candidate for "BROJ".
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    Any vegas strip club...LoL
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    "Sonny's" in Chandler. Never have gone since the place is low mileage $20 dances. They get by with it because some people don't want to drive into Phoenix. Oh and the cops will stake out nearby if you are leaving late at night so better not be drinking too much before leaving.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Admiral Theater, Chicago
    Every strip club in Boston and Vegas
  • Mal2
    9 years ago
    I nominate las vegas. All of it.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I've never been there because I know better. Magic City in Atlanta is hyped as the hip hop capital of the world. Parking, entrance fees and drinks are higher than normal while mileage is almost nothing. Young black men are willing to pay because it's where the party is and cool.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    I don't mainly club there, but in Key West there is a joint called the "Adult Entertainment Club" that is notorious for being a rip off joint. The reviews are mostly positive, so much so that they are blatant shills. The gig is basically that they perch a personable, cute girl outside on their porch to lure people in. Inside, they've got another cutie negotiating prices for time in a "room" Prices are sky high, and from what I'm told guys who do find lots of problems. They end up in a room with a different girl than the one they talked to out front, get nothing but a shitty dance, often get over charged or charged again later when providing a CC, etc. They clearly only focus on ripping off tourists, as no one goes back twice.

There's a lot of other clubs in tri county south Florida that have ROB dancers, but for the most part its isolated to a subset of dancers (the Cuban girls are the worst) and fairly easy for an experienced clubber to recognize. Those Cuban chicks will eat a poor rookies lunch without an ounce of remorse though, and they're at pretty much every club.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Dolfan - Living Dolls in Key West is right up there too. The 2 clubs fight it out with shill reviews.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    +1000 on the Vegas Clubs
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    I have to agree with shadow at in regards to Magic City.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    So it seems like a consensus Vegas clubs are the biggest rip off joints in america! So true!
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Anything where they restrict your front room interactions with the girl, to force such interactions into the backrooms, is a clip joint.

Deja Vu San Francisco was that way. Not sure about now that Deja Vu has pulled out of all except Centerfolds.

Front room friendliness should be the way you establish the tenor of what will happen in any backroom.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    In Miami there is a club near the airport called Bella's (Bella means Beautiful in Spanish); this club has been there since the 80s and has always been called Porky's until the name change about a year ago.

The club seems to do what it can to take $$$ from you:

+ dancer drinks are all $20 and probably non-alcoholic – and the dancers push them like crack whores wanting a hit

+ LDs are $25 but a bouncer stands right by the LD room so the mileage kinda sucks especially for South Florida standards – I'm pretty sure they do this on purpose to force a PL to pay $100 room fee for a cramped VIP or $150 for a bit larger one; for 30 mins – and there's no reason for the bouncer to be all up in your biz while getting an LD since there are no local ordinances against contact

The place is a dive and more of a brothel w/ mostly over the hill dancers.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^sounds shitty.
  • rick33
    9 years ago
    Agree on Vegas, Centerfolds in phx, and Houston is on par with Vegas. Any club on or near broadway in SF.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Red Garter in Indianapolis. Too much money for way too little contact.
    PT's, also in Indianapolis. Never, ever let a dancer name her own lap-dance prices.
    Club Northern, Fargo, ND. Big-city prices for what's very-low-mileage dances. Sucks that it's the only game within 100 miles.
    Any club in Vegas.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I second the vote for admiral theatre in Chicago. In a city with among the worst possible strip clubs, this place goes out of its way to extra specially shitty. Nude club where girls won't get nude, no touching anywhere for any reason for any amount of money, air dances are half fully clothed, and dancers have the personality of a breadstick. And of course every dancer wants to to go to the VIP "for a good time."
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I wonder why so many black girls dance at Follies and other black Atlanta clubs if Magic City is so low mileage with lots o money. Seems like they'd all want MC.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    @JohnSmith69: Most black girls in Atlanta are straight up freaks and hoes. Even the "classy" and professional ones. From my many conversations with the other black dancers in Atlanta, a lot of them don't like the "no touching" rule that the club strictly enforce. Case in point: Back in January I met a thick fine ass dancer at Follies that just quit working at Magic City a couple of days prior. Although she was making very good money, she didn't like dancing there because she could not feel up and touch the customers and vice versa. She liked the daytime atmosphere at Follies and was having much more fun than she ever had and was still making good money. And her dances were very high mileage. So, some girls are just natural born sluts lol.

The girls that dance at Magic City are typically the ones that are modeling in magazines, hip hop videos, and sites such as World Star Hip Hop. Those are the stuck up strippers that caters to the hip hop artists and high level drug dealers. They carry an extremely high price tag.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “... wonder why so many black girls dance at Follies and other black Atlanta clubs if Magic City is so low mileage with lots o money ...”

Who knows the “why's” w.r.t strip-clubs; especially from the dancers' POV.

I only visited MC once back in my first ATL trip in 2011 which was prior to me joining TUSCL and was not as SC wise – I did not like it and I would think neither do most serious SCers that go to the SC for dances and groping rather than partying and hanging out.

For one; ATL seems to be a major AA metropolis – kinda like the NYC for AA folks in terms of where to live and work – my opinion; not saying it's a fact – thus a lot of AA folks and thus a lot of AA dancers and not all can dance @ MC.

MC may have also have stricter hiring standards and perhaps fees?

Also – I only visited MC once for a short visit so not very familiar w/ it – but my experience w/ black party SCs is a lot of dudes standing around and not spending shit – sure – I imagine there are the rainmakers but I would think the $$$ at a place like Follies is more consistent.

Often times mixed clubs are not too AA friendly and there often seems to be a quota w.r.t. the # of black dancers to where it seems they are often 5% or so of the total dancers – I imagine just so they can have *some* chocolate for the minority of custies in a mixed club that are into the dark-side.

In my limited knowledge; since it appears that it is often difficult for black dancers to get into mixed clubs; especially decent ones w/ a good customer base and preferably a bigger-spending white customer-base; then in my limited experience it seems to me that black dancers will often flock to a decent mixed club that will hire more than just a minuscule quota (e.g Follies).

I have also been told on several occasions by black dancers that they don't like working in black clubs especially the too ghetto ones – and many don't like dancing for young black guys b/c they tell me they are often disrespectful (grabbing on them and not wanting to spend; etc) and young black guys often don't wanna spend.

In conclusion - it is my opinion; and just my opinion; that many a black dancer will often prefer and take the opportunity to dance in a mixed club (e.g. Follies) over a black club (especially since the opportunities at mixed clubs are often far and few between IME) – plus; even with rainmakers at party clubs like MC: IMO custies will usually spend more when getting contact vs air-dances – and dancers know this and why they will often prefer to work at a club w/ contact (at least the ones that are serious about making $$$) - not to mention that IMO the # of custies wanting contact dances will probably often be much higher than the the # of rainmakers at a no/low contact club – overall more contact often means more $$$.
  • Oliver_Clothesoff_66
    9 years ago
    JB's Anmoore WV. 2 reasons 1)You have to pre-pay the VIP downstairs at the bar before going upstairs so there's no telling what caliber of dance you're going get once you get to VIP. 2) Then once you've gotten to the VIP area you're likely to get "I get my tip in advance" from your dancer before any clothes come off.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    I don't find Vegas clubs to be a rip off. Most of them have $20 lap dances with good contact and high quality women. I've been in much worse situations. Some of them have a ridiculous cover but that can usually be bypassed pretty easily.

I understand Key West has some true clip joints.
  • Dancer_
    9 years ago
    @John, I used to work at urban club(well, it was mixed during the week but after midnight on the weekends it was mostly hip-hop crowd). It wasn't as famous as MC, of course. Anyhow - documentary is mostly bs. There are definitely some rain-makers in black clubs like that but waaaaaayyy more dudes don't spend a shit. Lots of them are very aggressive, for example, they can slap your ass or grab your crotch when you are simply passing by ; they don't wanna pay standard prices for lappers and prefer to "tip" for them instead with, say, 5 bucks per song or so. 5$/dance?? If you nicely try to quote them dance's prices, they tell you to get out/fuck off/etc. They take pics/videos of girls all the time without our concent to post it on Instagram. etc etc.There is so much nonsense to deal with, it's just not worth to put up with that to get rained on occasionally.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    I agree with the Boston comments. That is what happens when you have only two clubs in a city with that kind of population base and deep wallets. Even sitting and talking with a girl generally requires a serious outlay of cash.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion