tuscl

The trials and tribulations of a newbie dancer

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

From a recent SW thread:

First night of stripping sucked

Background: I'm black & in my mid 20s but I easily get mistaken for 20/19.
Tl; dr alert. Sorry I'm treating this like a diary

Skip to the xxxxxxxx to where I decided for sure this club ain't my jam

Drove 3 hours to stay in Fort Worth to try one day of stripping. I didn't wanna be close to home and put my day job/career in jeopardy. And my bf has stripper loving friends so I didn't wanna somewhere they'd easily potentially find me

got to dfw later than expected. & my hotel cancelled my booking bc they were full, yet failed to call and inform me. Then I had to spend time finding a new place and driving there. By the time I fix my makeup it's 8pm so I thought it might be tougher getting hired and working that same night in the city

first club-baby dolls ft worth- filled out app, manager tells me they have too many girls right now. There were a ton on the floor so that made sense and I was hoping that that was the true reason. Mixed club but majority white. Once you open the front door you can see inside that club has no mystery. It has kind of a trashy sports bar vibe. Dark and no pole on the main stage (whyyyy?)

2nd club-cabaret east. Literally 0.4 miles from the 1st. Club. This time I fill out an app in room in the lobby that had glass walls. Asst manager tells me it's too busy for the gm to even talk to me. Tells me to come back on a less busy day like wed or Thursday. I didn't like how right before I had spoken to the AM, he had hired 2 girls whose friend danced at cabaret too (I heard the end of their conversation). Didn't get to see inside but wouldn't have been surprised if it was all white girls dancing tbh

3rd club. Stiletto cabaret A little further down the same street. It was around 940 by the time I got there. Manager (female too which i like to see!) basically hires me on the spot and tells me to grab my stuff from my car and get on the floor (yay)!

Now this place I only went to bc I was driving by it lol, the other 2 I planned bc of this site. Stiletto is hood. They have like banquet chairs instead of those large velvet seats or whatever. Cheap house fee, but I wish I didn't have to pay on the first day. Tip out to dj and house mom. 6 stages (one had a swing haha my fave).

Xxxxxxxxxxx
I am just not a good fit. Ever dancer was black or mixed/ambiguous brown ethnicity, and all had big butts and could twerk well, do the splits, make it clap etc. I can do um none of that. I'm an awkward black girl who was raised in the suburbs and has yet to master twerking. I'm so awkward and my butt doesn't jiggle enough at all

At at first it started off well when these 2 Hispanic guys basically summoned me to them as soon as I stepped ou onto the floor. Got 3 dances off one of them which was great. Then nothing for like 2 hours. I would be complimented by customers, some got a little handy which I hate. One guy grabbed my boob while telling me they were great. And when I said that's not free acted all offended. I didn't like the idea of constantly being topless if no one was tipping me and I wasn't on one of the stages. Maybe that makes me a prude but whatever. I'm not here at work for free entertainment. Others complimented my conversation skills but that didn't help my Wallet! Got a little customer crush on this cute lightskinned dude, but then he didn't want any dances & didn't tip when I was on stage right by him which I was butthurt by not gonna lie. So that crush ended fast.

And then later I met these 2 guys who were about my age and cool, and got to take a hit off their bleeeep-lolwhich lots of people did at this club.

The dances are 20 & strippers keep all

then they basically played me and was cheated out of 60$ of dances I did for them. They paid me 60 in singles while I danced for them (3 dances for each guy and they are 20 at my club), then acted offended that I had counted it and told them they owed me. And they made it seem like bc we were "cool" and they were helping me be a better stripper some of those dances were practice. Which we never had established. I explicitly said it was 20 per song, and after the first $20 (that was given me as 2 tens), they were making it "rain" singles throughout a the other dances, just not enough to make up the number of dances I did.

After that I told the manager I was out, got dressed, & am now in my hotel bed eating mcnuggets.

Long story short I ended the night with like $88 after tip out/house fees.
i wanted to at least break even after my 65$ hotel and ~45 in gas this trip is gonna cost me.

I might try Fort Worth again Thursday and fri next week since I'm off work at my day job then. I can't compete at an urban club though bc the girls have the talent that black guys etc generally wanna see in a SC... like a damn lil Wayne video.

I'm a little scared that stereotypes/plain old racism in the industry will make it hard for me to get workmk at a more mainstream club. I just want extra cash $$$

https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showth…

6 comments

• JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Unfortunately if you're black and don't have a big ass, there's little market for you. Most clubs don't want to cross the threshold from "mixed" to"black".

And the only girls who will sit and chat on night shift at my mixed club? Black girls. Which shows the have to hustle harder to sell dances.

Interestingly, it's the Latinas and less attractive white girls that advertise high mileage the most aggressively.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    True story. Every "mixed" club has skinny black girls, and for me anyway, black girls aren't attractive unless they bring some thickness. Maybe because I'm conditioned by rap videos. Skinny (thin) only looks good on Asians, some white girls, and very few latinas. Mixed black girls must bring thickness, dark black girls have to come correct with the hair and white-washed personality (but not so much they seem like a sell-out) and definitely thickness.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Of course of she looks like the girl on Papi's avatar (which she obviously doesn't ) she'd make bank anywhere
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    " I didn't like the idea of constantly being topless if no one was tipping me and I wasn't on one of the stages. Maybe that makes me a prude but whatever. I'm not here at work for free entertainment. "

That's a pretty consistent attitude on StripperWeb and man, anyway with that attitude must be completely miserable -- which, I guess, also sums up StripperWeb.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    It can be rough for a black girl, which is why to work in a better club they generally have to be better looking and thin. Of course it's the opposite in a black club where they have to have big butts. I see these comments often from white dancers too and if you have that much of a problem getting hired stripping is probably not for them. I'm still trying to figure out the $60 the guys owed her, so they eventually paid her? That one seems odd. I know there are customers who pull that but that's why you have to state everything upfront.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Thanks to Papi and others who read stripperweb and just give us the highlights. I tried a couple times to sift through that site on my own and always leave disgusted after 5 to 10 minutes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion