tuscl

C.W.'s Akron ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

For those familiar w/ the club; is the review below accurate as far as you know – seems another review or two have mentioned similar stuff:

########################
August 1, 2015 • I was bar hopping around Akron and decided to hit CW's. It was around midnight. I parked. It looked busy. When I walked in I was told it was a "members only" club. I asked how much and was told that wasn't possible. I've read somewhere (here, I think) that they say that to run off young, black knuckleheads. I am black and I understand that, to a certain degree!? Knuckleheads are bad for business, regardless of the the color. But I'm not young(+50) and don't remotely fit the urban, wannabe thug type. And based on the motorcycles out front and the people I glimpsed in the bar, it wasn't exactly an upscale sort of spot. I'm not going to sweat it. I just wanted to confirm what someone else has stated. CW's pulls out the "members only" bull to run away black people.

https://www.tuscl.net/club.php?ID=2464

12 comments

• founder
    9 years ago
    I think this reviewer is legit. That's why we published it.

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    As I mentioned; I think I read a similar account on another review a while back so it appears there may be some issues at this club; I was just curious as to the experiences of others w/ this place.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Kick C.W. in the nuts
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Damn Papi. Do you read every review? :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ I have every review memorized since I joined TUSCL :)
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    This sounds like horrible business practice and it has to be obvious people would figure it out sooner or later. I wouldn't want to be somewhere I'm not welcome though. Fuck em either way.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    If they are using "members only" as a way to keep out black people, the practice is illegal. The reviewer should file a lawsuit.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Definitely illegal. But he probably doesn't want it known that he visits strip clubs so the best he can do is a review rather than a lawsuit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “... Damn Papi. Do you read every review ...”

I sorta have a “System” for reading reviews:

+ I go thru the daily reviews at least 1x and sometimes 2x per day

+ I start reading at my home state Florida and read the reviews for my area (South FL) and maybe some of clubs that interest me in other parts of FL

+ I then parse from FL to the end of the list and just look at the city; if it's a city that I have no intention on visiting SC wise I just keep scrolling; if it's a city that interests me; then I see if it's of a club that interests me; if yes; I read the review; if not I just keep on scrolling
    [I skip the states prior to FL since I don't have plans to visit those SC-wise]

+ after I do that I do a key word search for “black”; “AA”; “ebony”; and “afric (for African American)” so I can sift out reviews that mention black dancers – this is how I became acquainted w/ most of the black SCs around the country

The review in the OP I would have normally skipped since it's not a city nor club that I would visit; but I got a hit on it when I was doing my keyword search “black” and thus I read it.

I am sure you find my explanation fascinating – your welcome.
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    I haven't been in here for about 4 months because they allow smoking and there is no ventilation what soever. You come out of this place smelling like you just fought a brush fire. However This Is Fact ! It is in a bad part of town and you will see an occasional black dancer but never a black customer. They meet them at the door and turn them away. The owner says he does it to protect the customers vehicles and property etc while they are in his place. You seldom see blacks even around the perimeter of his building. Security cameras are everywhere.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I'm not a black person but if this is true we should ask founder to delist this club and remove the reviews just post a message that this club practices discrimination in place of reviews and we do not wish to support this establishment
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    That's the same shithole that reviews said has a rule that you can't get more than two dances in row with one dancer before she has to move on to another customer. Obviously, there's genius at work in their management.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion