tuscl

OTC: McDonalds Delivers Self-Serving Kiosks

Estafador
BIG APPLE
I hear talk that due to the rising market of $15/hr minimum for employees, that Kiosks are heavily on the move. Here's an article that shows exactly that and the memes are HILARIOUS

Article: http://www.inquisitr.com/2135669/mcdonal…
Meme: http://weknowmemes.com/2013/12/15-an-hou…

What say you late night club pursuers. Think this is a good shift on many fronts or just a cheap way to say fuck the government and their minimum raises.

14 comments

• georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Self checkout for McDonalds would have come about in a few years at most anyway, minimum wage hike or no. Online purchases, Walmart, Target, Meier, etc, did it, and fast food is just another step.

Anything that *can* be automated, *will* be automated, the moment, or soon thereafter, it becomes economically feasible.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Not surprising. Would probably have happened anyway but it's still funny that people fighting to have their wage doubled will now have to find a new job. Personally, I detest the whole self checkout thing. i refuse to use them unless only 2 of the 20 lines are open and have a dozen people at each one. I've always felt if I'm checking myself out I should be getting paid to do it (i.e.: a discount).

And another thing; why do lowes and home depot have 10 checkout lanes but they never have more than 1 or 2 open? I have NEVER seen either of them use more than 2 or 3 lines at any time.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Me: A quarterpounder with cheese combo with fries and a small drink for here please.
    English Major: You want fried with that?
    Me: yes
    EM: what size drink?
    Me: small
    EM: Is that for here or to go?
    Me: here

Somehow I like the change. Fast food is competitive. Fast food will be faster, prices will go down, people will eat it more often. Register monkeys will become burger flippers, who now don't need my taxes to pay for their food stamps. My ass will get even bigger.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    No different than the grocery store nowadays
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Does this mean that the McDo's dreck sold via these kiosks will magically become edible food?
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Jeez Art they put that little maple leaf under the middle of the M for you all and this is how you thank them?
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    What America needs is a lot of good-paying jobs that will allow people to earn a decent living. But of course, we gave away our manufacturing jobs to China.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "Does this mean that the McDo's dreck sold via these kiosks will magically become edible food?"

Brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I'm surprised crazyjoe hasn't commented on this thread! He thinks McD's are brilliant!
  • Mal2
    9 years ago
    People that price their unskilled labor above the price of automation will be replaced by robots and computers.
  • Mal2
    9 years ago
    Rofl @ autocorrect in thread title. Funny when "OT" is replaced by "OTC".
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    "OTC" also mean Over The Counter, so not necessarily an autocorrect.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    @seaboardrr funny my best friend constantly says the same thing.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    and she's going for psychology.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion