tuscl

Another dating site hacked.

Monday, July 20, 2015 5:21 AM
Well Ashley Madison is in the news this morning with 37 Million users data dumped. Names, address and credit cards. Supposedly, AM charged a fee to delete users data once they were leaving the site, but never did delete the data. +plus for the strip clubs. Cash only. Only way to get busted after the fact is if they have cams, I guess.

13 comments

• deogol
    9 years ago
    Yep. Getting more and more careful on the internet these days.
  • Jackmd
    9 years ago
    OH SHIT
  • FullPress
    9 years ago
    Shocked this isn't getting more play here. I get the feeling quite a few of the PLs here (self included but we go out to SC together). How fucked would you be if this site got hacked?
  • FullPress
    9 years ago
    Finishing the thought now...many are married or have partners, yes?
  • MrBater2010
    9 years ago
    I used a alias email address. I am not married though. But in AM case they are saying that they got CC info and addresses. So it would be hard to get around that one. Personally, lots of sites want to keep credit card info on file so they can bill you monthly. I hate this. And some sites "[view link] and NYtimes" You have to call them to unscribe. At one time there was one CC company that would generate a one time use CC# for online purchases, I wonder if that is still around.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    ^^^ I beleive in the (near) future there is going be a more secure system. Some sort of single transaction generated number. I'm not smart enough to figure it out - but the person that does will probably become very rich.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Fullpress - This site has been hacked and all of the passwords were made public. If I remember the IP address was in Europe. I first noticed it when a comment appeared on this board that I didn't make. So we all changed our pass words. I never heard of it really causing any personal problems.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    AM reports that customers sexual preferences and quirks were also taken. The article I read indicated that it was most likely an "inside" job using a fully authenticated password.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    Best solution, find a good cave.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    So where is all this hacked info published?
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I meant the Ashley Madison info...
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    "At one time there was one CC company that would generate a one time use CC# for online purchases, I wonder if that is still around." CitiBank and maybe others have a thing called Virtual Acct Nbrs(VAN). It's a dummy nbr that can be a one time thing or good for a set period with a limit amt. For example: I can subscribe to a website that charges $25 mth using one of the VAN. So that site never has my actual acct nbr. If that site makes it hard to cancel I can just delete that VAN w/o having to get a whole new card. You can have multiple VANs. You generate new VANs on their site or a simple program you download that has all ur VANs. Basically anytime you don't have to present your actual card you can use a VAN. Mail order, phone orders, websites that you might not trust, sign up for a gym online.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion