tuscl

NYC Reccs?

mjpenn07
California
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:00 PM
I'm in New York for the next couple months. I won't have a lot of spare time but I'd like to check out a club or two. Any recommendations for mid-range spots? I checked out Pumps in Brooklyn. Not bad, but the LD room is crap and all the dancers kept their tops on back there.

5 comments

• Dougster
    9 years ago
    Save your money for a better city SC-wise. There's a half a million other things to do in NYC.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Flash Dancers is ok for eye candy only. But Dougster is right. When in NYC I usually find alternative sources of entertainment.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    just walk through the village at 2AM, that should be enough entertainment to last you for your entire trip.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    mj, for starters, if you cannot resist the urge to club in Manhattan, then steer clear of any club near Times Square. They are tourist traps, plain and simple. You would fare much better at places like Scores (the new one) or Sapphire East (which was the old Scores), but pretty much anything in Manhattan is going to be very expensive. If you are not too far from Pumps, you might want to head a few miles north and hit some of the clubs in Queens. Gallagher 2000 is one that I visit from time to time. It is also expensive due to the never-ending tip parades, but they have a very reasonable 1/2 VIP price with good contact. Two clubs that are newer and that I intend to check out the next time I club in the city are Sugar Daddy and NYC Gentlemen Club, the former in LIC and the latter out by La Guardia airport. I'v heard good things about both. The other clubs in Queens generally suck, with either watered down liquor, horrible talent or both. Avoid Secrets and Perfection as you will find both problems in those clubs. The biggest problem I had with Riviera, other than the talent, was that the music was so damned loud when I last visited that it hurt my ears. Good luck.
  • mjpenn07
    9 years ago
    Thanks fellas. Will take your info under advisement. I imagine I'll still check someplace out while I'm here. I'm pretty buried in my studies which usually means that I'll get the urge to blow off some steam at a SC every few weeks. We'll see how strong my will is.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion