tuscl

How many of us Pay for membership vs adding club reviews?

StPaul101
Minnesota
Friday, June 12, 2015 6:14 AM
I normally just write up a review every couple months to check up on some SCs but Ive reviewed most of the SCs in my area. I looked at the pay membership link and i think there was an 89$ pay once option that kinda sounds like a life membership. Just wondering how many actually pay the monthly fee in place of a club review or if anyone has any thoughts of the 89$ option. Thanks!

19 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I've been doing reviews on here for about 20 years. The first ones were before you needed a nick name and before there was such a thing as paying for membership. I used to do a lot more reviews since I was searching my area for the best club/s. I now have covered all the ground withing reasonable distance and have found the best. So I rarely review any other clubs anymore. Some people are paying for the membership to help Founder cover the cost of operating this site. I think that is a good thing to do. However don't stop doing reviews. If everybody bought memberships and stopped doing reviews, there wouldn't be anything to read.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    My first 2 years i just did reveiws Then i understood how much tuscl gave to me in information and friendship and entertainment thus i felt the need to give back and financially support our beloved tuscl Right now im paying the $8 a month option then once i hit 12 months im leveling up to the lifetime membership At this point in history i will retire this account then repeat with my monthly support with a new account But thats my views and methods
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I used to do a lot more reviews since I was searching my area for the best club/s. I now have covered all the ground withing reasonable distance and have found the best. So I rarely review any other clubs anymore. Aka shadoe skeet got old and lazy and no longer truly has new or fresh info on clubs and is paid by follies to shill his reveiws
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Some people are paying for the membership to help Founder cover the cost of operating this site. I think that is a good thing to do I understand that you are a life time membership and that's good skeet but look 20 years damn bro you need to stop cheating tuscl and contribute a lil more...now is not the time to go cheap...you got fans that look up to you be an example faggot
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    However don't stop doing reviews. I agree with my buddy shadoe skeet on this :)
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    Does anyone think it would add anything if we could identify the paying members by an icon?
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I love that idea..been asking for that actually
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    I paid the $89 to help out and only review when I have something new to say. Since I visit the same club(s) unless there is a big change it is just a trip report and I don't think that's the point.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Bvino spot on my bro
  • magicrat
    9 years ago
    I haven't been clubbing all that much since the closing of my go to club and my 2nd choice not opening during the day so I will probably doing the paid membership and just do the occasional review when I take a road trip.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    I just bought the lifetime membership a few years ago so I dont do a lot of reviews. And I don't travel much anymore. I usually go to the same 3 or 4 clubs. So I only post a review when it seems noteworthy of having a really good time or a bad experience that I think might be helpful to others.
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    I write reviews. Wouldn't pay anything at all.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I know that Shadowcat is right. When I first learned of TUSCL I recognized right away that the main benefit is for business travelers. In your home area, if you club regularly, you will know better by yourself than by what you would get from reviews. SJG
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    so I will probably doing the paid membership and just do the occasional review when I take a road trip. just bought the lifetime membership a few years ago so I dont do a lot of reviews. And I don't travel much anymore. signed up for the ""lifetime" membership All you guys bring a tear 2 my eyes thank you for keeping just like i do tuscl alive and well God bless you, tuscl and Amerika True professionals
  • StPaul101
    9 years ago
    I think I'll agree with most here, I will probably just get the life time membership to support the site as the clubs I go to Ive reviewed already and will just post a new review if something important needs to be updated. Thanks!
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I think I posted enough reviews and or articles to keep me good until September. However I'll probably extend that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I joined TUSCL in Jan 2012 – only reason I joined was b/c I was heading back to Dallas (where I used to live) for a few days and I was planning on also driving down to Houston where I had never been-to/SCed and wanted to do some H-town SCs research – I decided to join TUSCL and paid for the lifetime membership (was $79 at the time) since at the time I was not planning or interested in writing reviews (did not appreciate the importance of it at the time). For the first 3 months or so after I joined; I did not write any reviews – but then decided I needed some TUSCL cred and started writing reviews of most of my visits since I rotate amongst various clubs (about 10 at one time but less now) and I feel each visit is unique in it's own way.
  • jabthehut
    9 years ago
    I wonder how many of the BS reviews are authored by non-paying members. I paid for lifetime membership and I don't need to fire off some lame ass review just to hang out and get my laughs from some of the shit some of the members come up with in the Discussions.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I remember paying for a membership once, but then I wrote so many reviews that I never even thought about the lifetime membership. Now I see my membership ends in less than a year so maybe I should write some.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion