tuscl

further proof that all bouncers have the IQ of a cantaloupe

LeeH
Georgia
A naval officer ... in full dress uniform ... on Memorial Day weekend ... was denied access to a hotel lounge ... because her uniform's color violated the dress code of the lounge.

http://perezhilton.com/2015-05-27-navy-s…

13 comments

• SuperDude
    9 years ago
    This is yet another example of the disconnect between the civilian population and the all volunteer military. I am not advocating a return to the draft--yet. When we had the draft there was always someone around who had served and knew the protocol. I don't know, but I'll bet there was no military veteran on the hotel staff readily available to help this bonehead with the decision. Since he didn't know anything about the uniform or the respect she was due, he functioned like an uninformed robot. Today, there are no military veterans on the U.S. Supreme Court, but they still have decisions to make about the rights, duties and responsibilities of servicemen and women.
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    When I was in the Navy, we had to travel in uniform to get the highly discounted military rate. It was late in the "Vietnam" era and I was spit on and even refused service in some eateries. I never understood why ordinary servicemen were mistreated when the complaints were all directed against Kennedy/LBJ policy. By the time Nixon started the "pullout" the Navy had changed travel policy to direct travel in civvies and "avoid conflict while travelling." The haircut was still a giveaway, but at least I didn't ruin more uniforms.

I can toleratreee the occasional idiot bouncer. The very public support for our troops is a welcome change.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    The Vietnam era taught America to not blame the servicemen for the mistakes of our elected officials, after all the stories of returning troops being disrespected for a time. I was strongly against the Iraq war that W foisted upon us, but I don't blame the men and women who were just doing their duty. Fortunately most Americans have learned that by now even if they don't understand dress codes.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @dallas: I've often wondered how things would be different if people in the Vietnam era had been treated as we were upon return from Iraq. I distinctly remember being very well treated, even by people who were vehemently opposed to that particular conflict.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    I hope they fired the idiot bouncer. Common sense apparently is out the window with a lot of these morons. Of course as soon as this went viral the back peddling from the club began.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I served in the USAF from 1963-67 with 2 years of that being stationed in Japan. I never saw action in Viet Nam although many of the guys I worked with got 90 day TDY assignment to Saigon. I was never mistreated during my time in the service or afterwards. In fact I was hired 2 weeks after my discharge that turned into a 42 year career with the same employer.

We were encouraged to wear civilian clothes whenever we were off base. I do know of some guys that did have problems including one that killed himself. I don't want to trigger a debate on politics on a site that is supposed to be about strippers but I'll close by saying that I personally blame LBJ for his handling of the conflict.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    We are currently back to Vietman era politics and military. Pilots have to call their CO's who have to call the Pentagon who has to call the White house to get permission to kill an asshole beheading children of face court marshal so by the time permission is granted the villagers are dead and the murdering vermin have crawled back under their rocks.
    If I were the soldier's CO I would declare that hotel and lounge off limits and spread the word that the military and their families are not welcome are that hotel chain.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    That comparison is insulting to cantaloupes.
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    Absolutely terrible. There is no dress code that should bar entry to a member of the armed services in full dress uniform. A sailor, soldier, Marine or any other member of our armed forces should always be shown the upmost respect, especially while in uniform.
    If I were in an establishment and I saw them turn away a member of our military for wearing their uniform, not only would I leave, but I would take as many customers as possible with me. After that I would offer to take that that service member to the closest competitor and buy them a drink to say thank you.

Regardless of what I think of this administration, or prior administrations, I couldn't imagine disrespecting those brave volunteers that sign up to defend our way of life.
  • SuperDude
    9 years ago
    According to some biographers Pres. Harry Truman was so disgusted by a White mob beating up four Black GIs in uniform in Texas that he decided to issue the executive order desegregating the armed forces of the U.S.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    IQ of a cantaloupe? So twice RickyBoy's? Is that why he lives to grease them?
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Burn !
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion