tuscl

OT: "Buybacks and Dividends All That’s Left in S&P 500, Goldman Says"

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:54 AM
"The $1 trillion U.S. companies are on track to return to shareholders this year will constitute the market’s entire return in 2015, according to Goldman Sachs Group Inc." Consistent with this, the other day they had a note to expect a year of nothingness in the markets. What I find most amusing about this how GS's own ticker is on a tear lately while they say this. [view link]

11 comments

• Dougster
    9 years ago
    " the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index is trading at 18.2 times earnings, putting it in the 99th percentile of historical valuation" What is your interpretation of this?
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Mine is that this market is a 1%.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    1%'er
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    No ideas what the strength in stock ticker GS means? Think it will crater if we get a rate hike next month? or... Could it mean something positive? Hope I didn't move to NYC at exactly the wrong time. What do y'all think? (Btw back into RICK this morning at avg cost $12.04. They seem to be doing a good job focusing on lower debt and debt finance costs now and taking a break from expansion.) funniest thing is their stock ticker has lower margin requirements than XLF. Dang, CFAs, right RickyBoy?
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Dougster is posting about financial topics. Good. It's about time things started to get back to normal around here.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Lots of sarcasm in that first paragraph, btw.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    On a lesser [view link] girl left her Credit Union statement on the kitchen counter one night.The chick has money,but it was only earning her.035%.When she got out of the shower I said we gotta talk.She was doing the safety dance.Talked to her about letting her money make her money. Now we go to Edward Jones seminars(She digs the free dinners).Our last one was last week,and she is actually learning something.She is a happy camper. Now comes the hard part.Showed her my Fidelity account,12% after [view link] June we are off to Greenville so she can have a sit down with a Fidelity rep.I fear I have created a monster.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Definition of a broker? You leave broker than before you met. I invest heavily but I don't need a broker to tell me how. I'd suggest using a discount broker like scottrade or the company's plan where you work. Nothing says protection from bankruptcy claims like an employer plan.
  • victor2
    9 years ago
    After the performance for the last few years I would be happy to just have the market appreciate slightly but not go backwards!.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Stock ticker RICK on the move today after clearing up some more legal uncertainty. In the broader context, I think it shows the management is finely getting a bit down to earth, and investors are liking it: [view link]
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    But RickyBoy said people who bought it in the middle $8's would be sorry!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion