tuscl

Boys from my neighborhood

ididthisonce
North Carolina

5 comments

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Funny stuff. One dau I saw a Cooper Mini on the freeway with a hand held bathroom mirror taped where the driver side mirror goes
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Did you hear about the red neck that moved from Georgia to Alabama? Raised the average I.Q. in both states.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    That's the van Bag Boy James bought when he sold his moped
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    The padlock holding the door closed reminded me of what it was like when I was young and poor. The trunk lock on my first car--an old used clunker that cost $200--broke and I could not afford to have it fixed. I took some insulated wire and wired it shut. Then I improved it by adding 2 wire loops, which I connected with a padlock, so I could open and shut the trunk. Then I stuffed in a couple old towels so the trunk lid would not make a noise when it bounced up and down.

For some strange reason, I feel nostalgic about that time.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "Did you hear about the red neck that moved from Georgia to Alabama? Raised the average I.Q. in both states."

If that were really true, it would be because Georgia has the fairly new and rapidly growing Atlanta Metro, an area which is different from the rest of the state and the region.

But the thing is, Alabama has its university at Tuscaloosa. I had seen that they are working on new types of high strength magnets, without having to use rare earth elements. So I would not discount Alabama, as compared to Georgia. I would not discount Mississippi or Louisiana either. I know that there are interesting things going on in all of these states, and that the Red Neck stereotype is not really accurate anywhere.

I listened once to a radio talk show where someone was arguing how harmful the Red Neck jokes actually are.

Those pictures of the cars are funny, but people sometimes do what they need to, when they don't want to spend much money.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion