tuscl

Club experiance ruined by sharks

impala
The People's Republic of Pennsylvania
Recently was at my fav SC, a little hole in the wall bar with some decent dancers, and the only one in area that isn't a BYOB. Was having a good time when in comes a half dozen guys that you could tell were from out of town on buisness (I think that they were with a natural gas company) with a lot of money to spend. First they bought all the dancers a couple of rounds of top shelf booze, then stared tipping with tens and twentys. Needless to say, getting the attention of any of the dancers (or even the bartender) was almost impossible (can't really blame them, they are there to make money). Now, don't get me wrong, I wish I had that kinda money to throw around, but it pretty much ruined my evening. Went back a few nights later and they were there again, but this time the owner actually sectioned off part of the club for them, and not a single dancer left their area except to go on stage or to go to the dressing room. I was told by the barmaid that she was told (by the owner) that they were going to be in town for a couple of weeks, and to take extra special care of them and to get them "anything" they wanted, and to turn off the cameras.

22 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    You're pretty much fucked. Either stay home or go some where else for awhile.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Yeah time to check out another club while the visiting whales are in town.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    ^Yup. It is one of the hazards of what we do. When one or more other customers have that kind of spending power and use it liberally, all we can do is retreat and wait for better circumstances.

I've told the story many times about a local artist who used to come into my then favorite club about once a month and pick any girl he wanted, tipping Benjies on the stage and even writing checks to girls who sat with him (and yes they cleared, lol). My two favorites were the two hottest girls in the club and he liked them both. I had no interest in trying to replace the $1-2k he was going to give whichever girl was about to leave me to go entertain him, lol.

I've also been in other clubs many times with guys throwing large sums of money on stage, handing out big tips to girls who simply hang out with them, etc. Some of these guys included professional athletes, rappers and others.

When this stuff happens, there is nothing to do but leave and return on a better night.

• impala
    9 years ago
    Seen this before, biggest problem is for like a month after their gone, girls expect you to tip like they did and get mad when you don't. I've pretty much taken a hiatus from there for a while, suppost to go out of town myself here in a couple of weeks, hopefully is better when I get back.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    If I were you I wouldn't go back until at least a couple of weeks until after you know or think they have left town. And if enough 'regular' guys like you did the same when they have an empty club for a week or two they may start to realize what assholes they have been and start appreciating you and the other regulars more when you return.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    londonguy, I agree to a point. Problem is where I am at is in the heart of the natural gas region of the north east, and in a couple of weeks the gas companies usually rotate in a new crew and many times it starts all over again. It's been getting worse last couple of years, and once one crew finds a good club, by word of mouth, almost every new crew knows about it and it pretty much gets taken over. I've seen most of the bigger clubs become unfavorable for locals, that why I was going to this place, was pretty much under the radar local go go bar, but I knew it was only a matter of time till someone found it. Guess it's time to start going to some of my old haunts to see if the situation at them is any better.
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    If they are there in the evenings I would try day shift. Chances are the girls working the opposite shift are jealous and looking to make some extra cash for themselves. If the cameras are turned off it could be a lot of fun.
    If they are there basically all of the time you will have to find a new place for a while.
  • UKfan
    9 years ago
    Yeah I agree with everyone else in that you should check out another club until they leave town. One night I went to platinum plus in Lexington and there were three bachelor parties in there at the same time. Needles to say there were too many dudes, no seats, and not enough girls to go around. So me and my friends went to another club.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    Sounds like you might should get a job with a natural gas company?
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    ^^^ I was thinking the same thing.

Sounds like time to start laying some pipe...
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I can only recall it happening to me once.

I was at a smallish black dive in Arlington, TX in the mid-2000s (while I lived in Dallas) and supposedly a black Cowboys backup WR (IDK who he was) came in w/ “his crew”.

This club had a separate room w/ couches and chairs and a big screen TV showing sports which is where the $20 LDs were given. The Cowboys WR and his crew sat in the back dance area instead of the main room and pretty much all the dancers immediately went to sit w/ him since he was popping bottles (but didn't see any dances being given).

I was getting some dances when “the crew” came in and my dancer kept looking over their way as if she wanted to join the party - as soon as we finished our dances she made a beeline towards the crew and sat w/ them to get her drink on. I assumed he had been there b/f and why all the dancers went to sit w/ him and his crew as soon as he arrived.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I guess this situation can be similar to when people w/ $$$ move into a working class neighborhood and start buying up the houses and fixing them up and thus raising the property values and taxes to where working people can no longer afford to live there and have to move out.
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    Great metaphor Papi. That's got to hurt a little more than not being able to get dances from your favorite girl though.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    It's probably the same when you're at the club and farmerart shows up. Now you know why fossil fuels are bad for the environment. The strip club environment.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Speaking of sharks, there was this asshole at the club where the DS works a few nights ago who was throwing money around like candy. all the dancers were flocking to him, but he wanted the DS. He was offering her all kinds of cash at his table when she says no and comes to me.

We see him again going into the VIP room, he's with another dancer, and he offers the DS $1000 to come with him. I told him him that he was an amateur, and there was no amount of cash he can pay her to take her away from me. He offered her $2000. she smiles, kisses me gently on the lips, and takes my hand to lead me into the V I P room. That's how you deal with a shark.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ It was wrong of Juice to do that.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Impala if you implemented be the "system" then this would not be an issue. Put on the shiniest suit you own, some sunglasses and roll in there and take over. Tell the girls you aren't paying for shit and they should go home with you for free since you're such a great lover - lol

I agree with everyone else, if those guys are there for 2 more weeks - make it 4 weeks before you go back. I know you can't say anything but those guys supplement these girls income for 2 weeks - and you probably supplement them for the remaining 50 weeks of the year.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    Well, went over there tonight, place was "closed" for a private party. Saw one of the dancers I know pretty well out back catching a smoke, she was friendly but told me she has made more this week so far than she usually did in a month. She was told that the gas guys (and she confirmed that) were tired of "the local yocals" interupting their fun and payed the owner to close to the public after 6 pm. She also hinted that it's basically a brothel in there right now. This is going to be a regular thing for the foreseeable future, they are in the area for at least the next couple of months. I HOPE JOE CHOKES ON THE MONEY!

Looks like I need to find a new place.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    They say natural gas is really cheap now. Sounds like it could be even cheaper.
  • Eagle1191
    9 years ago
    The natural gas companies are making big bucks right now due to the US producing the most of it I think at this time. So they are rolling in the dough and sadly have taken over your club and others too I'd imagine.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    There have been a few times that I wandered into a stripclub in Vegas and there was a bachelor or birthday party going on. I turned right around and went someplace else.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    This ain't Bayside. Welcome to the Jungle.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion