tuscl

Have You Turned your air conditioning on yet? it was about 87 here today.

I just noticed on New York city news, they are still wearing jackets with a temperature around 38. I was thinking that won't last long with all the heat in the south. Are you sweating yet?

23 comments

• Clubber
    9 years ago
    shark,

Only time ours is off is the few days on the year when it get below 60 or so. Set at 77 all the time.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    77, Uugh, I would be roasting. Mine is currently set around 70 or 71, trying to get used to the heat. Last night was too hot at 72. I know one guy keeps his set in the 50's.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    We had a 90+ weekend in feb. Lately it's been that perfect zone where we run neither heat nor AC all day.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Air conditioning?

There's people in Michigan that haven't put away their ice fishing shanties yet
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    AC been used for about a month. Early summer means a long one ahead of us.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Not yet, but it will be comming soon.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'm going to have to water the grass soon or the heat and dry conditions will start to burn it up. We need some rain to wash down all this pollen too.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

I live in Michigan.

I don't turn the A/C on until July. :(
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    As clubber said – down here in Miami the A/C is used year-round and may only not be used maybe a handful of days in the whole year.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Down in NYC we still in 38. We not getting spring this year
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I noticed last night. I get a New York city news station. It feels like early summer here with people wearing shorts and New York looks like it's still winter. Pollen is pretty bad though.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    This will be my first summer with an air conditioned apartment. Moving up in the world!
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    NYC is having a nice start to spring. Some rain but some beautiful sunny days too,
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    shark,

77 is fine as long as the humidity is down. Also, no idea how accurate the temp is on the thermostat. It isn't where it normally gets AC.
  • silkypants
    9 years ago
    Air Conditioning. It was snowing hard on my way home from work tonight. I think it is headed below freezing in Minneapolis. Ice houses in the southern part of MN have to be off the lakes by March 1st. In the northern part of the state they can stay till March 15th.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    It's still in the 50s about here in North Dakota. Once it gets into the mid-60s, it'll be good sleeping weather.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    silk/PG,

Don't know how you guys live there. I'm sure there are many great things, but...

Coldest I've experienced was -9 in Ohio. Never again!!!
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Clubber,

-9? That's it? Wow. I've delivered pizzas in -60 (and lower) wind chills. Yeah, someone's gotta love North Dakota; that someone also has to have his head examined.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    PG,

Well -9 was the temp. Not even sure they had "feels like" back then. "Feels like" is our wind chill. I could see it now on the weather. "Today's high is 91, but the wind chill makes it really cool at 87!"
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Clubber,

"Really cool at 87" -- yeah, it sure sounds like you have to bundle up! ; )
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    You can tell when it is cold in South Florida. The old folks out on a jacket, still wear their shorts, but do opt for socks with their sandals.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1014&b…
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I remember minus 9 in NC one morning. I did not have proper clothing for it. After 15 minutes it felt really cold. Then I roasted inside because I had too much on that I couldn't take off. 15 minutes outdoors in NC at minus 9 was a lot worse than minus 2 in Wisconsin. Car heater did not work very good at minus 2 for a while. In spite of all that, I think minus 2 is a whole lot more comfortable than the summers here in south Carolina on a humid day. 117 with dry heat feels a lot better to me than temps in the 90's with a dew point in the 70's.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    My family were the only ones walking around out west one afternoon when it was 117. We all said it didn't feel that bad compared to back home. I forget what state. It was in the desert. Maybe it was Washington near Yakima.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion