tuscl

Adult Clubs/ Toys for tots

Thursday, December 9, 2004 5:48 PM
I was reading on a board that I normally visit, that toys for tots will no longer accept toy donations from Strip/Adult clubs due to the imorality of where they are comming from!! This really irritates me, at one of the clubs I worked at in GA. I Personally threw this concept up to my manager figuring that we could have some gentlemen bring in a toy instead of a cover, to help the with needy kids. It went AWESOME we brought in more toys than any of the local grociery stores and schools put together! It wasn't toys for tots but it was with another government agency. Now this is what makes me the most mad ever!! On this other board they are saying that us strippers and patrons are disgusting humans that we would be leaving bodily fluids and other bacteria on these toy which would make it unsafe for the children. They said that if they knew thier childrens toys were comming from Strippers and patrons they wouldn't want them. Come on!! are we that gross? NO! we are not! I say when I go back to dancing after the holidays I am going to ask my manager I have now if we could do something like this for the next Christmas season, I am so disturbed that people actually would want the children to suffer rather than just accepting gifts from no matter where it came from. And whos to say that the same person who works/ patrons strip club arent donating the toys somewhere else? I know this isn't the usual Jargon that is talked about here, but I just wanted to see if you all felt the way I did. Thanks Sara

12 comments

• Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    It also seems like the old question of whether "The ends justify the means."
  • Shekitout
    20 years ago
    The Toys for TaTas hours at Platinum Plus in Columbia,SC are 3-7 PM, not 8PM.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    It also seems like old question of whether "The ends justify the means."
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Sara, I don't see teaching children that the "devil" is evil and then turning around and accepting gifts or in anyway condoning that supposed evil. The problem is not when the children are young. It is when they grow up and see "two-faced" behaviour i.e. strip club customers are evil, but we will sure as hell take their gifts.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I believe the bias against strippers and patrons is misplaced. For example as far as the patrons go, I believe many or most of them probably work for a living or acquire their income through a respectable source. Now if their source of income (employer) announced they were donating toys, I bet the same people would have no problem accepting the gifts even though the gifts would be coming from the exact same patrons as before. Speaking of the PP toy drive, that sounds like a good deal. Drop off one toy and save $8 admission and get free passes for another 11 or so visits. That a savings of $96 minus the cost of the toy if you visit the club often enough.
  • Toplessdancer
    20 years ago
    SQUID, If you want to go to that site its up to you, lol. Its only women so good luck if you end up posting! [view link] its under the message boards link, then on the HOT TOPICS Board you will see it. and if you go soon you will see even more garbage they are saying.. Good luck! Love Sara
  • Toplessdancer
    20 years ago
    oh and Kyle darling, you are right, you can discriminate against whomever you want too, BUT should needy kids get less because someone thinks YOU (general you) Are not "as great of a person" as they would like you to be? Do you think those children who would normally get nothing care about where they got it from? Do you think that they would value the gift less if it came from a stripper, or a gay? I don't think so. I would hate HATE HATE to see children get even less than what they do because, Joe Government does not want it to come from a strip club. Just think of the hundreds of gifts that come in to the club, that no one will accept, and the hundreds of kid who didn't get a gift this year because it came from a stripper/ club patron. This is what make me sick about the narrow minded people today. OH and I know stripping is not an admireable proffesion to most, and I know most people think that we degrade ourselves everyday for drugs and alcohol and whatever else they want to think, I am not in the dark. But unless its a church denying the toys, the government should have no bias to where the toys came from. Just my opinion! Sara
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    It is funny I was at the Trap last night--didn't buy any dances too expensive (and didn't have much fun)--and this dancer wished me a very merry christmas and perhaps based on my reaction (shock?) she then added or happy holidays. My rumination was why in hell is she talking about christmas and happy holidays--it is not that time of year already is it? It was a good thing I wasn't thinking about the holidays. :)
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Shadowcat, Thanks for the concern. :) I believe my basic design is to be depressed. It is from the genes as a survival ace. When Angels was a white trash establishment the dancers while not even a little physically attractive were so SWEET and kind and wonderful trying to bring sunshine to me and this despite my spending just about practically nothing--the occasional $1 tips were a big deal. So short of drugs (when I was young drinking non-stop helped) or lots more female attention, I will remain super depressed. Often, I don't even realize how depressed I am until a super hot young friendly dancer catches my eye and I get some temporary relief. If the politics were better, then the only change is that I wouldn't complain. Might even have an American flag or two. My Dad has a small one that he likes because it reminds of when things were better. So politics or not the depression is a necessary evil for me. Although the non-stop drinking did help--now I don't have the health to drink. Just an occasional beer or wine or vodka or tequila. Vodka and orange juice (later I would forget the orange juice) was my all time favorite. Illegal drugs are wayyyyy too expensive (in addition to being poor I was cheap) so I never got into that scene and besides the drinking worked just fine back then. I didn't even realize it was the Christmas season. When I was young I hated Christmas with a real red hot burning passion. My fists were primed for action and I didn't need much provoking if not left alone. So times are better in that I'd forgotten this is the Christmas season sometimes times do change for the better. :) Merry Christmas!!! :)
  • SQUID
    20 years ago
    Good to hear from you Toplessdancer. You said, "On this other board they are saying that us strippers and patrons are disgusting humans that we would be leaving bodily fluids and other bacteria on these toy which would make it unsafe for the children. They said that if they knew thier childrens toys were comming from Strippers and patrons they wouldn't want them." What is the web address for those comments? I'd like to read them.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Hearing that story enforces the opinion that many people just assume the worst always goes on in all strip clubs which is far from the truth. In my experience most of the time in most strip clubs or at least not the really run down shady ones, there is nothing sexual going on except if you call dancing sexual. I'm sure some Arab country could form the same opinion about not accepting gifts from American churches because they heard boys and girls are taught together in the same schools and they just assume the worst goes on since that (or some similiar scenario) is what they assume. Another example is the popular belief overseas that all or an awful lot of our military is doing prisoner abuse. One or two prisons does not constitute all prisons and our entire military. The same applies to strip clubs. People tend to always assume the worst when they just don't know. If girls weren't topless in strip clubs, they would just be called dance clubs. Looks like strip clubs are still in the same category rock and roll was in back in the 50's if I've seen the movies correctly. A number of people thought that was terrible back then and wanted nothing to do with it. Unless this country turns into a police state with martial law and our bill of rights are taken away by a dictatorship, I believe these people who condemn strip clubs will be looked upon in the same light as those who condemned rock and roll back in the 50's. I think they are behind the times. On the other hand if martial law is declared after a national emergency, we probably won't even be able to discuss this anymore.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I don't see anything wrong with refusing gifts because of the source. In fact, I think it may be commendable. Also, if people want to discriminate against strippers, strip club customers, gays, nurses, or whomever that should be their right.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion