tuscl

Two Fayetteville, NC, Strip Clubs Raided Last Night; Charges Include Drugs, Guns

EastCoaster
I strongly prefer women of color. Every color.
Sharky's and Sparky's, two strip clubs near Fort Bragg, were raided by North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement agents Saturday night.
ALE agents served more than a dozen warrants at both locations, aided by more than 40 law enforcement officers and a K-9 unit.

During the seven-month undercover operation, agents said they frequented the clubs to make friends with the employees and gain their trust. Agents said they purchased cocaine and narcotics from 16 employees and one person suspected of being a drug supplier at Sparky's Sports Bar and Pub, 740 Bragg Boulevard, and Sharky's Cabaret, 944-C Bragg Boulevard. Gun charges were also filed.

Prostitution complaints were investigated, according to ALE, but there was no early confirmation of prostitution charges being filed.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/crime_co…

11 comments

• JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    One of my first ever otc offers were at those places. A long time ago.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I think SCs should be left alone but when they start trying to “diversify” and get into or allowing sales of narcotics; then it’s hard to justify them not getting raided.
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    Damn NC cracking down...my old fav got closed down due to this shit....sucks
  • whodey
    10 years ago
    I am glad when i see a club get raided for drug charges with no prostitution charges filed. Who knows, the clubs may be better after the drug dealers are gone.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    There was lots of prostitutiin going on in those clubs. This just goes to show that it is usually drug activity that gets a place shut down.
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    John i agree
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    "While the acts are criminal, Fayetteville Police Chief Harold Medlock said he believes, the women arrested are also victims.
    "In many aspects they're being controlled by the men who are marketing them," he said. "They may not know they can get out of this lifestyle or may be too afraid."
    Medlock said investigators will speak with the women to see what actions they can take to help."

Harold "White Knight" Medlock, that is.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    If indeed it's all about the drugs, I'm not bothered by this. Effectively being a brothel is one thing, but a crack den is another.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Drugs are a personal choice by cosenting adults. Drug raids are just another way for the authorities to control citizens and deny them their freedom.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    I suppose "cocaine and narcotics" is somewhat vague. If that narcotic is pot it's a lot more questionable than if it's heroin.

Our society doesn't deal very well with addiction, but I'm okay with Heroin being Schedule I and strictly regulated. I'm more on the fence about cocaine; I think personal use should be decriminalized but I'm okay with going after the distribution rings.

The War on Drugs has been a spectacular failure, but the fact Pot is lumped in with other drugs was a big part of that failure.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Something about the abbreviation for Alcohol Law Enforcement being "ALE" just strikes me as a little humorous.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion