tuscl

Happy Pi Day

grand1511
Euphoria
Today is Pi Day of the Century 3.14.15). Be sure to celebrate by eating lots of pie today all of us mongers who appreciate perfectly round forms! We wouldn't have that rounded beauty without Pi!!!

34 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Worse than watching Star Trek
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Did you know that 3.14 percent of sailors are pi rates?
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I'm opening a bottle of champaign at 9:26:53 AM.

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    The roundest knight at King Arthur's table was Sir Cumference.

He ate too much pi

• ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    "A lot of well-rounded humor here," he said pi-ously.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    So this Pi day celebration proves what? you know a few digits of Pi? Very good! Right up there with knowing how to pay a hooker for sex.

Is there an 'e' day as well? Geeks coukd show how many digits they know and druggies could roll.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Just think, you can go to the strip clubs today and tell all the dancers you're celebrating a once in a century anniversary. When they ask, if they ask, you can say pi day. Then tell them how your town makes 314 pies on this day and has a town celebration. Does any town actually do this?
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    But pi is kind of brilliant Dougster! Maybe the pi day test of a true TUSCL hero Is a guy that can convince a hooker to have sex for free using pi facts! That would be brilliant!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Dougster, you could tell strippers you're celebrating one of your stocks going up 314%. she might go wow, you must be rich!
    She would be like. $. $
    in her eyes!
    :)
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Sharkhunter you should use that line for the TUSCL pi day test! That would be brilliant! Here's a link to help with more pi facts! www.scientificamerican.com/report/the-pi…
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @4got2wipe: Maybe RickyBoy could add that as a "geek variation" to The System in his forthcoming update. Then suited geek could think "between the anvil of the suit, and the hammer of the 314% portfolio return she didn't stand a chance..."
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    "Irrational exuberance" okay that one is good.
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    I'm not sure how you could have an e day since February has fewer than 71 days! I suppose you could use the European date and use January 27, but that seems to stretch it!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Feb 7, 2018? They seem to be flexible in how map the digits of the number to calendar days.
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    I have a major geek version of the system! Pick up a hooker for free sex on Jan 27 at 8:28 pm using obscure facts about e! Any guy who could do that would be truly brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    February 27, 2018 might just be too rigorous of a test for my TUSCL challenge! But if you want to pick up a hooker for free sex using facts about e on that day I'll still call you brilliant!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    uh oh! The first 144 digits of pi add up to 666, the mark of the devil. We're all doomed.
    http://www.9news.com/story/life/2015/03/…

I read everyone's birthday is contained within pi as well.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Ok, ok, these pi facts are actually pretty cool. I'm won over.
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Dougster, are you going to try to use them to convince a hooker to have sex for free? That would be just brilliant!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @sharkhunter: Interesting since 144 is also a Fibonacci number and equal to the number of apostles squared! An evil mathematical alignment and cosmic conspiracy?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @4got: Sure, I'll give that one a shot. Use The System as my Plan B.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Don't the Jehovah's witnesses think that only 144,000 will make the cut for The Rapture?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Smart talk
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I have wondered about that 144,000 number. I wondered about it when I read JPL put all the names of The Planetary Society members plus JPL names I believe on some micro chips and that one of those chips was currently on Mars as part of the first rover mission renamed something like The Carl Sagan Memorial. The number of members on the chip, just over 140,000. The members are located across the globe. Then I thought, what if aliens own Mars and they come to check on their property and see that it was invaded? They'll examine the invaders property for clues, maybe even under an electron microscope, find the names, come to Earth, single us all out and capture us, then blast our home world.

On the plus side, even though we may all be doomed, I think the aliens would have trouble finding me because there are a whole lot of people with the same name and my address wasn't included. However if they have advanced spaceships, they might be able to hack JPL and the Planetary Society databases. Ah Oh! You're all doomed. me, I'll probably get locked up on some alien planet.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Hopefully I'll get locked up with some hot females if anything like the above doomsday scenario happens.

Actually I like one of my relatives 3 days of darkness doomsday religious predictions.
    Supposedly at some time, it will go dark for 3 days and nights and electricity will not work. all the demons of hell or a bunch will be let loose and anyone caught outside will get taken or die. the only light will be from a holy candle and even that will not work in certain cases. all the pollution and bad things will get taken and the environment will become clean after it is over. Many men won't be able to resist the urge to go outside or peek outside the window. They'll get zapped. The demons will be like the Terminator able to mimic relatives or spouses voices tempting you to open doors or look out. If you do, too bad.

Afterwards, everyone will be young and good looking and the few men left will have to get busy because there will be a whole lot of females. See, I do have a crazy relative. Could be another alien invasion. electricity not working, sounds crazy.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Just reading up on all the whacky shit Jehovah's Witnesses believe. Funny stuff!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Carl Sagan was brilliant.

I like smart talk on TUSCL.

Let's talk about Fourier transforms and Laplace transforms. We need more mathematics on TUSCL.

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Scarecrow: The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain! How can I ever thank you enough?
    Wizard of Oz: You can't.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    LOL... I like the many good pi jokes so far.

@motor: Fourier transforms are for at work. Let's stick to tits and pussy topics here.
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    What I've always found brilliant about the Scarecrow quote is that it's wrong!
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Except in the case of an isosceles triangle with angles of 90 degrees, 45 degrees, and 45 degrees, of course! Brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Now you have another fact to use for the brilliant geeky system! Who's going to be the first geek to use that system?
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    @Dougster. The sad thing for the Jehovah's Witnessed is that there are more than 144,000 of them. Somebody isn't being truthful and is in for a big surprise in the Rapture! ;-)
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    How brilliant would it be if we could get this thread up to 316 posts and just stop it there? That would be absolutely brilliant!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion