I had wondered how long it would be till there was a shooting associated with my

http://koin.com/2015/03/08/man-shot-in-t…

In this case, it looks like the shooting wasn't actually associated with the club. I think our local news just likes to name a club if shots are fired anywhere near one. The photo doesn't look like it's on the same street as the club.

Glad I decided not to go last night.

4 comments

• 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Here is a brilliant thought - just wear some body armor!
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    You can take it off when you get the actual lap dance! Wouldn't want body armor to interfere with your LDK! That would not be brilliant!
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    That shit always happens. A shooting happens somewhere and the news will tie it in with the closest bar or strip club just for publicity. How much more catchy does it sound saying "shooting occurred last night in front of moes bar and grill" versus "shooting occurred on a street in front of some trees."

What news people don't care about is how it destroys the reputation of that business. It also makes customers afraid to go there even though the business had absolutely no involvement with the incident. now it is guilty by association.
  • dtek
    10 years ago
    Yeah, my guess is that the news people in this town would like it if they could destroy the strip clubs.

It's funny how otherwise liberal leaning folks are all about freedom to do your own thing only as long as your thing is something they approve of. If stripping and sex shows weren't constitutionally protected in Oregon, the scene here would probably look a lot like Seattle's
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion