tuscl

Most Overrated Club

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Have you ever read glowing reviews of a club on TUSCL, then visited and realized that it flat out sucked? What is the most overrated strip club you have been to?

21 comments

• rogertex
    10 years ago
    me thinks TUSCL reviews are pretty accurate.
    But you gotta skim through 10-15 recent reviews of a club, giving more credibility to reviews written by someone who's been around (that is 10+ reviewed clubs. ) - and make your own assessment.

Also - clubs in Northern US are lamer and tamer compared to southern US - although the reviewers won't necessarily be able to discern (since many are local). That's where some missed expectations might arise or pleasant surprises.

I think Tiffanny's Cabaret in San Antonio is under-rated for lap dance lovers. At least right now.

Finally hats off to you - reviewed 97 clubs !
    I predict you'll hit the 100 club mark in June 2015
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Never been there and doubt that I ever will but from my long time experience on TUSCL, I've got to think that Mons Venus is the most over rated club. Of the ones I have personally been to Cheetah and Club Wax in Atlanta I'll never go back to again.
  • IHearVoices
    10 years ago
    Definitely Mons Venus. It's not even close. I may try it one more time when I'm in Tampa next month just to be sure, but I'll probably wise up and spend that money across the street.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    Mons Venus deserved a high rating back in the 90s when I first went there. Last year it was very disappointing. I knew not to expect great dances, but even the girls weren't especially hot.
  • bubba267
    10 years ago
    Club Wax in Atlanta. I believe clubs should have at least 100 indepent reviews before they can be considered in ranking. One review shills can create new accounts, but it is so obvious when the review is glowing and names the bartender!
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    bubba - I believe the current minimum number of reviews is 8 but I'm not sure raising it to 100 would change the way some people rate clubs. Cheap is not the same as value.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Ratings are so regionally influenced that it is hard to really use them for national comparisons. Now I still do find them useful when I am trying to assess the different clubs in a particular region, but only as a very broad starting tool. I haven't been in many clubs in the last few years that I would consider horribly overrated, in large part because I use the tuscl reviews to help me avoid overpriced tourist traps.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    I've only been there once, and it was on a Thursday night, but I thought 4 Play in Los Angeles was very overrated. The reviews say 4 Play has got the hottest girls in LA. I was expecting to see a lot of 8's and 9's with a occasional 10. It was mostly 7's with a few 8's and maybe one 9. So yeah the girls looked good, but just not as good as I thought they would. Then again though I didn't go on a Friday or Saturday night.
  • impala
    10 years ago
    My problem is that I a lot of times stop at SC in the afternoon while I am out on the road. Many times a club that is awesome at midnight just sucks at 3 in the afternoon (if it's even open at all).
  • seaboardrr
    10 years ago
    The Furnace in Birmingham has a pretty high rating but it really, really sucks. Complete waste of money.
  • Longball300
    10 years ago
    I will agree with Mons Venus being overrated. I think what actually happened with Mons is that many more clubs have cum into existence that are newer and larger with nicer amenities in the physical sense while it has stayed the same. These other clubs have also been able to attract top talent and provide more from a mileage standpoint in a private setting. Mons has been stuck in a time warp while the other clubs have passed it by; the reputation remains for now....
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    HIpp Huggers in Kokomo IN...What a low mileage dump with really ugly girls.
    After those I always look at the rest of the reviews in the region and see what all the other clubs have to offer in the same area. Rating are subjective and influence by local who never leave their home region and so hve no comparison.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I agree with the comments about Mons Venus. I loved the "stuck in a time warp" comment. That's true. They were a ahead of their time in some regards, but haven't kept up

But having said that, in the overall rankings, they are now 29th. No longer a top 10 club.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I agree with what TT said about the Hip Hugger. It's been several years since I've been there, but i always felt their high rankings were undeserved. The guys who give it high rankings are a bunch of Central Indiana farm boys who never got out much. They think touching tits for $10 makes it a great club. Their policy of letting just about anyone dance who shows up often leads to some "Girls of Wal-Mart" nights.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    To be fair, the harassment that Mons Venus has received from Tampa prudes and politicians is the main reason it has tread water while other clubs have surpassed it, mileage-wise. It's a wonder that the place even remains open. IMO, the lack of gentleman's club-type frills has always been one of its best features.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Admiral Theater in Chicago is overrated. PAAAASSSSSS!
  • dtek
    10 years ago
    I've never been able to figure out why Club 205 is rated #6 on the Dancers Top 10 list. Yeah, they have hot girls there, but you can find girls who are just as hot at other clubs in this city. Plus, the crappy private dance area means it's effectively a stage-only club.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    Admiral Theatre is my pick. I am guessing the guys who prop it up don't ever go to clubs outside Chicago or enjoy overpriced air dances. It was rated in the Top 100 for awhile, but pensionking and myself must have got it booted.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Admiral Theatre is one of the worst clubs I've ever been to. You couldn't pay me to go back.

But I've got to say a word in favor of Mons. I only get there once or maybe twice a year but I've never been disappointed. Beautiful, fully nude, mostly natural, young white girls with full contact lap dances at a reasonable price. and OTC options often available. That's most of what I'm looking for in a club. I admit it's not a top ten club because it's too small, has no VIP, and no extras ITC. But I think it easily qualifies for the top 20 or 25 clubs nationwide.
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    I agree with rick and impala. Regional/local ratings are flawed in that, while it may very well be 1 of the better options to go to when in town, it may not be one to go out of your way for. A 6 ish club in Miami would be better than a 7-8 in several places. As impala aptly pointed out, a club that is great on a weekend night may be a different experience on a weekday afternoon while killing time for the flight home.
    As for Mons, many other clubs have closed the gap, or surpassed it. IMO, remains one of the better options in Tampa. Many reviewers (Most who don't post on DB) think so too. Not everyone is looking to get blown in the back room. Many, to varying degrees, consider dancer attractiveness when choosing a club. Mons still delivers in that department, though other clubs have closed the gap, or diluted the talent pool'.
    I'm curious ranukam which clubs that you consider the best for having 9's and 10's. I never visited 4P dayshift. Sunday-Tuesday nights weren't as strong as Thursday- Saturday. Yet when I go to a lot of other clubs, I still see some dancers who no way in hell would be hired at 4P.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    @dtek- 5 years ago Club 205 deserved that rating, a lot of those girls could have been models. Nowadays the dancer quality has taken has a severe dip, it is very much overrated now.

@Minnow- I only went to 4 Play once, and it was on a Thursday night, I don't know if I can judge it fairly. I live in Portland, and I don't travel much. I'm a tough grader when it comes to looks. That being said the best dancer quality I've seen is at Spearmint Rhino in Vegas. Most of the girls were 8's with a few 9's thrown in the mix.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion