tuscl

Nosey Neighbors

I've been having quite some difficulty lately regarding my neighbors. They seem to hate me for no reason, and I think it's because they know what I do for a living, as evidenced by the bags I cart to and from work. Have any of you lived next to a stripper with this problem? It's quite unsettling and so NOT brilliant.

26 comments

• 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    I hope it gets better Diva1975! Just try to live like you have "brilliant" tattooed on your heart and you'll win them over! ;)
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    I've always dreamed of living next door to a stripper. Why don't they just enjoy the benefits of watching you come & go?
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    You can fight fire with fire, but that usually causes too many problems.

It's been a long time since I have had neighbors (as in attached to me) but I have had issues in the past as well. Here's what I would recommend to start, without knowing much about the situation.

1. Are they reasonable? If they are maybe you can talk with them like saying "hey I don't know if you know but I can hear your stereo blasting at 1AM, do you think you can turn it down a little after 10PM?"

2. If they're assholes, do you think you can get your landlord involved? If this neighbor is bothering you, do you think they're noise or issues are bothering other tenants as well? Usually 3 unhappy tenants complaining to the landlord will quiet down the one noisy neighbor quickly.

Lastly, you may want to be more specific in what they are doing to you as for us to provide a solution.
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Ask them if they have seen your lost dog, Karma. She's a real bitch.
  • dtek
    10 years ago
    If it's women, they probably hate you simply because you're a stripper.

When my (now ex) wife and I were first married, a stripper lived in the apartment below ours. The hens in the apartment complex constantly talked shit about her behind her back.

One summer night my wife and I had a particularly long and loud session of lovemaking with the window open. The next day the apartment manager (also female) called me at work to find out if my wife and I wanted to join in on the complaints she was hearing regarding the sex noise from the girl downstairs from us. Our neighbors were trying to have her evicted. I admitted to the manager that the noise had come from our apartment. The manager was quite embarrassed. Me, not so much.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I am often at the apartment of my DS. her neighbors mostly know what she does, but There are no issues. it's probably because they're mostly young single guys and drug dealers.

Hard to give any advice without knowing specifics. But if it's a jealous woman or some kind of moralistic hypocrite, and I doubt there's much you can do but move.

If they do anything illegal, I wouldn't hesitate to call the police.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    If you can't win them over I will bring my guns
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    A retired dancer moved in next door. She was in an auto accident and lost both her arms and legs so had to give up stripping. One night I saw her and she said to me "No will fuck me in my condition. Will you please fuck me?"

So I threw her in the pool and said, "There, you're fucked"

• JamesSD
    10 years ago
    I lived in an apartment complex with a couple camgirl roommates years ago. The complex had a hot tub and said cam girls would occasionally make appearances.

Long story short, a couple women in the complex found out they were camgirls and got them evicted for bullshit complaints. Well, not evicted, technically management just chose not to renew their lease when it was up, which is super rare.

Shame too. Camgirls think going to the pool in a thong is "modest".
  • Diva1975
    10 years ago
    The police are already involved people complaining about my dog. They think she's a pitbull but she's a Tennessee coonhound. I'm going to the leasing office with my lawyer as soon as possible. I figure they are more likely to treat me like a human being if he's there with me. Brilliant right! Thanks for all of your support guys, and lopaw too. Can't leave her out! Crazy joe, if only you could that would be more than brilliant.
  • impala
    10 years ago
    If I was you I would go to the local AFL-CIO office and say that you are being discriminated against because of your ocupation. Those people are ruthless, maybe they can even get the neighbor evicted!
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    A Tennessee coonhound! Way cool Diva. Good luck.
  • Diva1975
    10 years ago
    Thanks impala and Corvus I'm going to google afl CIO
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Guys, well a couple, "Nosey " not Noisy.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Motor,

On a serious note, perhaps 15 years ago, I had a fave that told me she was going back to NY and her family to deal with bone cancer.

About a year later, my fave bartender calls me and says at the club, but in a wheel chair,l with both legs gone.

I go see her and she tells me the story how the doctors decided to amputate the cancerous leg. Sad, very sad. I asked her were they both cancerous. The reply startled me.
    They weren't but there was a hospital screw up and they took the bad and good leg. VERY VERY sad!

So I figured she at least hit it big with the layers, but that didn't even happen. I asked how this obvious fuck up could happen without consequences for the hospital.

The lawyers told her, simply, "No use trying as she didn't have a leg to stand on.
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    Diva you should fuck them in the mouth!
  • Aravas
    10 years ago
    Stop crying
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Good idea Diva. With your atorney there they will know (if they have a half of a brain) that they can not discriminate. Hopefully the main office will tell some of the people to shut up and where they can go.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Diva has an attorney? I thought dancers only had a lowlife bf. :)
  • Diva1975
    10 years ago
    Everyone should have an attorney but I think the lowlife BF costs me more than the attorney!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ^^^LOL
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Live in a loft apartment building with hardwood floors. Strippers used to live upstairs. The constant noise began about 3:30am with the clicking of stilleto heels, noisy drunk or high boyfriends and shouts during fake orgasms. A real education in the after hours life of strippers. Thankfully, they moved out.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I live next to the Flanders from The Simpsons, and they are way more annoying than a dancer. As long as you don't have people coming at all hours, you make a better neighbor than I do. My neighbors hear great music 24/7...whether they want to or not!!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Some people may not like you if you are a known stripper. All I would be concerned with is the amount of noise. If a dog was barking or stereos playing or people talking or smoking disturbing me, then I woudn't be happy. I like it quiet when I'm trying to sleep.

I have had a single female next door to me. My biggest complaint might have been she didn't inform me when she was going to wash her car in her bikini. It was right outside my computer window. It was completely distracting. I would have preferred she just lay out in front of my window. Then I would have completely ignored my pc. She didn't lay out topless either. Totally disrespectful. I would expect any nice stripping neighbor to lay out in the sun in front of my window topless.

I did have a nice looking girl lay out in front of my apartment window when I was in college. When she saw me she said "I hope you don't mind, the sun s better right in front of your window.". I was a good neighbor. :)
  • friction_lover
    10 years ago
    Never have, to be fair are you doing anything to rock boat? Loud music at odd times, loud dog, or hosting unreasonable # get togethers causing parking issues? If not haters gonna hate, lawyer up when needed, and always hold your head high!
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Good that you have a big dog. If you can, get a permit to carry, a pistol, and a shooting range to practice at.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion