tuscl

IS Powdered Alcohol FOR YOU?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:58 AM
I quit drinking several years ago. So I am not sure if I would go for this or not. [view link]

12 comments

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Good idea.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Do you snort it or do like High School kids and put it on a tampon and put it where the sun don't shine.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    It's illegal in all 50 states AFAIK; the add implies it's not. Great for campers if it was available though.
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    Interesting but I don't see any advantage in it. Now, I've heard about inhaling alcohol vapors. I may try that some day.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I wonder how it tastes! The alcohol is absorbed into a type of carbohydrate and I think it can only absorb 50% or so of its weight in alcohol! So there is probably a lot of starchy stuff in the drink when you reconstitute! Can't believe it tastes good! Only purpose I can see would be to get wasted! Drinking just to get wasted = NOT brilliant! Drinkin bad tasting alcohol just to get wasted = double NOT brilliant!
  • sailmd
    9 years ago
    This is bullshit. Ethyl alcohol or ethanol is the only alcohol we can drink safely to get a buzz. Methanol will make you blind etc. Ethanol does not exist in solid form at room temperature and pressure. So this is something other than ethanol and I smell snake oil.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    AOL today. [view link]
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    Sailmd powdered alcohol is ethanol, but it is mixed with cyclodextrins! [view link] When you mix with water the ethanol comes out of the powder. I don't know if the powder dissolves very well or if it more like Metamucil! Metamucil = not brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I meant Metamucil cocktail = not brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    Also, methanol or isopropanol (=rubbing alcohol) won't powder any more than ethanol will! But I bet it would bind to cyclodextrins! Still not brilliant!
  • bang69
    9 years ago
    Good idea
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Would be a real problem for those that gt a splash of water in their drinks. Ever ask in a super market where they keep the powdered water? I can be a hoot!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion