tuscl

Seeing your favorite club in a death spiral

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
One of my favorite clubs in the northeast has really been struggling recently. It is the only club for 20 miles in any direction and it has a decent population base surrounding it, so the club has some natural advantages. The problems are that (1) it is that it is competing with NYC and other more lucrative New Eng;land areas for talent; and (2) the area that it is located in has not enjoyed the same level of economic revival as those areas with lots of money coming from investment management firms and insurance companies, such as NYC, S. CT. and Hartford, so the club has not picked up as quickly as those located in more flush areas.

For many years they pieced together a surprisingly strong line-up by being very dancer friendly, thereby allowing them to attract and retain a lot of strong local talent. They also used to round out the line-up with a crew of Russian hotties from Brooklyn. But, for the reasons noted above, the club has not been able to recruit new talent recently. Compounding this is the fact that the Russians no longer find it worthwhile to make the long trip each night from Brooklyn. So what is left now is a core group of loyal, but aging talent working in the club. Some of these girls are still attractive (they used to be fuck-all hot), but virtually all of them are north of 30 and it is really starting to look like the MILF of the Month Club in there.

During my last few visits, I watched many guys come in for a short while, have a drink or two, and then scram. They now have a chicken or the egg type of problem, where they aren't going to get busier until they find newer talent, but they are going to have trouble keeping talent without sufficient customer flow.

I hope they are able to right the ship. It was a good club for me for a long time and I would like to return every so often, but if they keep going like this I doubt that they will survive too much longer.

7 comments

• JamesSD
    10 years ago
    Interesting. I do imagine talent outside of major metros is very inconsistent.
  • impala
    10 years ago
    I have seen the same problem near me also. It usually happens after a new club opens up in the area that is less restrictive on "extra curricular" activities. The new clubs are usually owned by someone that has larger clubs in more metro areas and use these clubs to farm new talent. Problem is is that as the smaller local clubs begin to suffer, any good dancers migrate to these new clubs just to survive, and you are either have to deal with substandard entertainment, clubs that shift to a raunchier (and not in a good way) atmosphere, or pay higher prices at the new larger clubs. One of my former favorite SC was a nice, hole in the wall go go bar where you could get a cheap beer, watch some girls dance, and if you were nice and lucky, get some action and no one really cared what happened in the back. Then a large chain put in a new club less than a mile down the road with big talent that they brought from NYC and Philly, "poached" all the good talent from all the clubs in the area, and at first turned a blind eye to the VIP rooms. I watched my club slowly die until the owner was forced to sell it to the the owners of the new club. Now both are really expensive (drinks and dances), service sucks, bartenders and bouncers are rude, and the private rooms are monitored very heavily. But, hey, they got what they wanted and now without any real competition, they can do whatever they want. Now, instead of stopping when I am in the area, I just drive on and visit other clubs. Sucks, and I miss that place, good times.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    I know the basic chicken and egg formula, that you need to have dancers to attract customers, but you need to have customers to attract dancers. But I wonder if there are not other variables which come into play, things about the way the club works which are undermining it?

Only club in a 20mile radius, it should do well.

SJG
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    No wonder RickyBoy had to resort to greasing bouncers.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    The death spiral of a beloved stripclub is a particularly painful thing to watch happen right before your eyes, and the helpless feeling in not being able to do a thing to stop it just makes it all the worse.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    It will probably survive, just become a club that you are not interested in. One with decent-looking dancers who are happy as long as it's more/easier money than working at Walmart.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I worry that that's what's happening to my favorite club at this time. The closest club is 40 miles away, although its rural small town location doesn't help things. One thing an ex-dancer from there, who I consider a favorite at another of my regular clubs, likes to say is the only dancers who work there are either old, fat, lazy, or psycho. I can tolerate old and tolerate fat, but I think their problem is too many of their dancers lately are either lazy or psycho.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion