tuscl

Motor Homes

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
I wonder if this is what SJG has in mind for the strip club parking lot?

http://dailym.ai/1wvn0dM

14 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    50 years ago when I was a young man, I bought a used Ford 3/4 ton pickup truck with an over the cab camper. It had a chemical toilet, stove & refrigerator and could sleep 4. I bought it to use on fishing and hunting trips but I soon found out that it had another good use. Whenever I went to a party, I took the truck. If I drank too much, I just slept in the camper and if I got lucky and found a willing girl, they thought that it was an adventure to have sex in one.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    I'm sure Hugh Hefner probably has a two or three of those for when he feels like roughing it.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Shadowcat, is there room in the Follies parking lot for one of those trucks? You and SJG may be on to something here. :)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Once went into one owned by Joe Gibbs when he owned a NHRA team. Had an "upstairs" with his football trophies. Back in the 80's.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I once got a tour of John Madden's bus. It was a huge moving house with all the comforts.
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    Most motor homes lack having a basement. I would think SJG would have a problem with that??
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    If the bus is a rockin' don't come a knockin'
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Many years ago I was contacted via PM by one of our members. He and 5 golfing buddies were driving down from the northeast to Myrtle Beach and wanted to take a side trip to Columbia to visit the Platinum Plus. He wanted the low down on the club and I filled him in.

A couple of weeks later I got a follow up PM from him. They had a great time and the club let them park right by the front door.

I'd love to see the look on the valet's face at Follies if I arrived in one. :)
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    That fancy motor home is a bit beyond what I've been thinking about. But it sure is nice.

Personally though I don't care for the pop outs on motor homes. They make it too conspicuous.

The one shown though is 3 axles. That is nice. They can be 45' long. You need a class A license.

Fleetwood makes some, on a Freightliner chassis. They have transmissions with a reversing torque converter. So just like with the newest county transit buses, if you take your foot off the gas pedal, it starts using the transmission to brake and it starts down shifting.

But I think even the Fleetwood version is going to approach $1/2 Meg.

I don't like Mini Motorhomes, built on a chassis cut away cab van. They are ugly, crude, like mini-buses.

But I like basic van conversion motorhomes.

I also like the traditional motorhomes, built on a walk in van or stripped chassis:

http://winnebagoind.com/products/class-a…

Thing is though, not that many are made any more. I would want diesel instead of gas.

I wouldn't want one too long, as they make the overhang part too long and that can be traffic hazard. Also it ruins it for trailer towing.

Then finally, I don't like the Ford Chassis, as it uses their stupid Twin-I-Beam system, swing axles. I would want just stiffer springs and a straight across axle.

I almost lost it on a freeway ramp decades ago in a U-Haul truck built on such a Ford chassis with swing axles.

Shadowcat, I like your camper truck and it's uses. Right there and handy, lets you take advantage of opportunities. What I want the motor home for is basically the same idea.

Don't know though how many strip clubs would really let me do it.

But then there is that café 203 in Moriarty New Mexico.

SJG

Lady Zep
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO4Idvfd…
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Pretty nice Bevis and Butthead mobile
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Were those the two boys that were whacking off in my camper?
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I once followed a motor home to the Titty Twister in Mexico on my bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FCOAEP…
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Never thought I'd say a motor home was brilliant, but I'm saying it now!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion