tuscl

We can't say "retard" anymore?

I watched a movie where a guy was called a "fucking retard", and both words were silenced. It was on FX. Really?

12 comments

• JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    That's retarded.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    I'm surprised and concerned FX censored that, despite not caring for the expression personally.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    DSM-5 recognizes "intellectual development disorder" as the accepted term rather than "retarded"

But c'mon, "fuck" is such a versatile word, there is no replacement. It can be used as a noun, a verb, an adjective, and an adverb.

http://youtu.be/88nWsOHdnbI

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Remember as kids, everyone called each other MR's? (mental retards)
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    I thought "special" was the new word for it.
  • seaboardrr
    10 years ago
    It wasn't Tropic Thunder was it? Man, FX must've gone full retard.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    GACA,

Points out that no matter the words used, it reflects om one type of person, and we can't have that. Start calling them normal then that will be banned.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    No, it was Observe and Report, starring Seth Rogen. The movie made Mall Cop look like an Oscar winner
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    While I think the term "retard" is completely inappropriate to say today, art is art and I would not censor "retard" in a past movie nor strike "nigger" from Tom Sawyer. People have to have some common sense in these matters.
  • DoctorDarby
    10 years ago
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop

An instant classic.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    Some of my customers I can say anything to, other I cant. The other day someone screwed up in my co play and I just blurted out "sorry I have to deal with retards sometimes." Then I said "oops that's not appropriate, sorry." He said "that's okay, at this company we sometimes hire them for the entertainment value." I guess that means he wasn't offended! Lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion