Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

We can't say "retard" anymore?

mikeya02

11 yrs ago · 1 min read

I watched a movie where a guy was called a "fucking retard", and both words were silenced. It was on FX. Really?

Replies (12)Latest

Profile picture for JohnSmith69
JohnSmith69
•

That's retarded.

Profile picture for JamesSD
JamesSD
•

I'm surprised and concerned FX censored that, despite not caring for the expression personally.

Profile picture for motorhead
motorhead
•

DSM-5 recognizes "intellectual development disorder" as the accepted term rather than "retarded"

But c'mon, "fuck" is such a versatile word, there is no replacement. It can be used as a noun, a verb, an adjective, and an adverb.

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

Remember as kids, everyone called each other MR's? (mental retards)

Profile picture for GACA
GACA
•

I thought "special" was the new word for it.

Profile picture for seaboardrr
seaboardrr
•

It wasn't Tropic Thunder was it? Man, FX must've gone full retard.

Profile picture for Clubber
Clubber
•

GACA,

Points out that no matter the words used, it reflects om one type of person, and we can't have that. Start calling them normal then that will be banned.

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

No, it was Observe and Report, starring Seth Rogen. The movie made Mall Cop look like an Oscar winner

Profile picture for rockstar666
rockstar666
•

While I think the term "retard" is completely inappropriate to say today, art is art and I would not censor "retard" in a past movie nor strike "nigger" from Tom Sawyer. People have to have some common sense in these matters.

Profile picture for DoctorDarby
DoctorDarby
•

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

Profile picture for motorhead
motorhead
•

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

An instant classic.

Profile picture for shailynn
shailynn
•

Some of my customers I can say anything to, other I cant. The other day someone screwed up in my co play and I just blurted out "sorry I have to deal with retards sometimes." Then I said "oops that's not appropriate, sorry." He said "that's okay, at this company we sometimes hire them for the entertainment value." I guess that means he wasn't offended! Lol

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement