tuscl

Super Bowl: the National Anthem

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Sunday, February 1, 2015 3:24 PM
Who the fuck was that? How about someone we've head of. Like Lita Ford or Pat Benatar.

19 comments

• Dougster
    9 years ago
    ^^^ dah fuck decade are we in? Go Hawks!
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Jim Nabors still did it best!
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    Lap dance from her or Jim Nabors? LOL. She had a decent set of pipes
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    LDs from her obviously - I'm not as attractive as Rock Hudson lol. She did have excellent pipes. That was the problem. She used the national anthem to showcase her pipes instead of using them to highlight the anthem.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Holy smokes! Tie even though New England seems stronger.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I can tell right off the bat that this is a horrible half time show
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    In response to the OP's question: Idina Menzel is primarily a Broadway star, known mainly for "Rent" and "Wicked". She also had a recurring role as Rachel's mother on the TV show "Glee". I think I'd better stop now -- my heterosexuality will be called into question if I reveal any more knowledge of musical theater and one of the gayest shows on television :) I agree with you, ATACdawg: her rendition of the national anthem was all about bringing glory to herself, not honor to the flag. Boo!
  • Cheo_D
    9 years ago
    For those of you with kids, Idina Menzel is also the singing voice for "Frozen"'s Elsa.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Idina Menzel sings as Elsa in the movie Frozen, which was the fifth highest grossing movie of all time. One of the songs she sang, "Let It Go", won the Academy Award in 2014 for best original song and made it to the top 10 in the Billboard 100. There is not a parent of young kids around in the U.S. who doesn't know who this woman is. Having said that, I agree that she really fucked up the national anthem.
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    I would have to say that Whitney Houston did the best I ever saw. I generally like our anthem done simple (just stand up there and sing the sucker), but Whitney rocked. Once saw a nine year old girl do the national anthem at a Carolina Panthers game that would give you a moist eye. She apparently was a regular at singing it for the Carolina Hurricanes hockey team. Don't know how her career progressed.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Best performance ever (IMHO) was Marvin Gaye at the NBA All Star game.
  • TheProphetJuice
    9 years ago
    Idolaters! Thou worship a nation of the earth and not the kingdom of the LORD mane. I point my sausage fingers at theee
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Aaaaaack! Not the Flying Fickle Finger of Sausage!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Lita does a nice version a la Hendrix! But she's too old school these days for the powers that be.
  • DoctorDarby
    9 years ago
    It was sung live, stayed in key, and included all the words in the right places. That's a win in my book.
  • Knightline
    9 years ago
    I thought Idina was great. I have seen her on Broadway, too. She's very hot these days due to Frozen and her part currently in If/Then on Broadway. But RENT and Wicked made her a star when she won Tony awards for them. At least she won one for Wicked, only nominated for RENT. She's a huge broadway star - most worthy of doing the SuperBowl and she sang great. But if you don't know her you are not alone - when she sang at the Emmy Awards last year she was introduced by someone who called her, Adele Dazeem. That guy was John Travolta!
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I'm just glad they took a real singer and not a pop singer. The anthem is not any easy song and often gets butchered.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    lol motorhead....if you didn't know who she was, consider yourself lucky. Most of us (especially those with young children) have been listening to "Let It Go" pretty much non-stop for the better part of a year. Kill us now.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion