Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

RIP: Rod McKuen

motorhead
motorhead1106928

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

11 yrs ago · 1 min read

Poet. Songwriter. Singer. If you lived in the 60's and 70's you knew this guy.

Even if you never saw this:

I know you have to hsve heard this:

I think at one point one of the best selling singles of the 70's

Replies (10)Latest

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

Songs like this make me want to go back in time and stay there.

Profile picture for gawker
gawker
•

I had a hippy girlfriend in 1966 who thought Rod McKuen walked on water. On my 21st birthday she baked me a cake. My roommate said," now you can have your cake and eat it, too."

Profile picture for Clubber
Clubber
•

mikey,

The make me want to puke! Still banging my head! Tony O and dawn. The captain and teniel or whoever...

Those types.

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

Clubber,no, no, your examples are horrible indeed. I'm corny for some songs. "Brown Eyed Girl" is another.

Profile picture for Clubber
Clubber
•

mikey,

Seems we have very different musical tastes. Such is life. :)

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

I like lots of stuff, but I was raised on the blues, Hendrix, Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep purple....etc. And motown girl singers....go figure

Profile picture for Clubber
Clubber
•

mikey,

blues, check Hendrix, check Clapton, not so much Led Zeppelin, double check Black Sabbath, double down triple check Deep purple, check motown girl singers, a few check

Profile picture for Dougster
Dougster
•

Who?

Just how old are you guys here anyway?

Profile picture for motorhead
motorhead
•

Lol. Old. Very, very old.

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

Yeah Doug, we were all studs BEFORE cell phones and the internet. Even cable.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement