tuscl

Fun quiz ........What movie did this come from?

Friday, January 23, 2015 8:54 PM
Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

16 comments

• SuperDude
    9 years ago
    Major Kong, played by Slim Pickens, going over the inventory of the survival kit while piloting a B-52 bomber in "Dr. Strangelove," a great movie written by Terry Southern, directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Peter Sellers, in three roles, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn and introducing, in his first movie role, James Earl Jones.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    So many good quotes from this movie
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I could almost hear Tommy Lee Jones listing all that stuff off.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    OK, but you're going to be in trouble with the Coca Cola company.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Had no idea.
  • slickwilliam
    9 years ago
    "Listen Colonel Bat Guana, if that is your real name...." This is part of the etymology of "bat shit" crazy.
  • AnonymousJim
    9 years ago
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" I may be only 32, which means the Berlin Wall fell when I was seven, but Strangelove still is and always will be an awesome, biting satire of power & politics in general. Also, if you watch carefully, you can see the "Vegas" line from Pickens was dubbed. The film was mostly shot before the Kennedy assassination, but released afterwards. It should surprise no one that Maj. Kong's Texas drawl led to his saying "Dallas" when the film was shot, but that became really poor taste after the events of Nov. 22, 1963. Some quick editing and the line was more palatable.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    That was in Back To The Future
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a flying fuck."
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    You would love this movie Clubber. You saw Failsafe didn't you?
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    mikey, I did not. Not much of a movie person.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    "Fail Safe" with Henry Fonda is easily one of the best of the cold-war movies. Never saw the remake with Mel Gibson.
  • SuperDude
    9 years ago
    When the Russian ambassador, a guest in the war room, is questioned about his access to a U.S. military secret, he responds, "Our source was The New York Times."
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    SD, Sounds about right. Or should that be about left?
  • DoctorDarby
    9 years ago
    One of the best movies ever. Peter Sellers plays multiple roles and George C. Scott is hilarious as General "Buck" Turgeson: You can't let that commie in the war room, he'll see the Big Board!!"
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    19 Hours Ago "You saw Failsafe didn't you?" We watched 'Failsafe' in my high school history class.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion