tuscl

Is going to a club sober bad or anything?

rahhman1
Minnesota
I don't drink right now (I have before and I'm not ruling it out in the future) but I still like strip clubs and getting dances. How bad is it to go sober? I know clubs make a lot of money off of drinks.

I still give the club bars business because when I've went sober I just get club sodas or something if the waitress stops by and I tip her well too.

I know some guys say it's more enjoyable to have a buzz and I understand that but I've been to clubs sober and they're just as good.

16 comments

• PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    I always go to the clubs sober and I leave them the same way. I'd rather have what few wits I have ready and on hand when I'm dealing with a woman who's trying to separate me from my money. Granted, those few wits don't put up a whole lot of fight, but I'd rather give them that fighting chance. 'Sides, I always drive. It's bad enough being stupid in front of a naked woman; it's worse behind stupid behind the wheel.
  • James1557
    10 years ago
    I also go sober and stay sober. On reason is usually the drive home or to my hotel; if I am not driving I may have one beer or a glass of wine. As I say to the girls, I want to remember what I have done in the morning!
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I go drunk and I get drunker. It makes the dancers more attractive.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I used to drink, but I had health issues a few years ago which ended my drinking. The first time I went sober after my health issues popped up, I got pulled over by the cops, all because my license plate light was out. I suffered the inquisition, but was proven sober (I wasn't really feeling well, but at least I didn't drink). Ever after, I have been sober. Besides, I always have to drive myself.

Anyway, I think it depends on which club you go to. I think at some clubs, if you have a pop in hand, they will ignore you completely, but not at others. At the least, some girls will ignore you completely. But I've been to dive bars where I've drank pop and once they see I'm there to see the dancing naked girls, they all want to come up to me.
  • warhawks
    10 years ago

I used to drink... ALOT at the clubs.

Lately, though, I've been going sober and leaving sober.

It's quite a different experience, in my opinion.
    I noticed that when I would drink, the afternoon/night flew by...
    But when I've gone sober, the afternoon seemed to drag on... forever, it seemed...
    I also noticed that SS that didn't annoy me when I was drunk, became a real annoyance to me when I was sober. LOL!
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I haven't had an alcoholic drink in a strip club in 20 years. I haven't gone to a strip club after drinking in at least as long.

Hasn't made a difference to my fun.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Why do you feel the need to justify sobriety?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I used to drink but have been sober for 6 years now. They only bad part is when going to the clubs is that there aren't as many good looking girls as there used to be.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    I have gone sober. I have gone without getting high. Both suck.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Sober. And sober. I club alone and have to drive myself. Simple.
    I sometimes order a cheap domestic beer in a brown bottle (usually Miller Light) and carry it around while in the club.
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    10 years ago
    I go sober and stay sober, so I can get the most enjoyment from the experience. In my younger days I drank too much at some clubs and ended up not remembering the "fun" I had dropped a ton of money on.
  • LoveTheLadies
    10 years ago
    I always go sober and very seldom even have 1 beer at a club. Several reasons I'm not a big drinker, prices are high in clubs and I live 30 minutes away from any strip club so I'm not risking a DWI or paying for a cab.
  • MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    I usually drink a quasi-beer (Bud Lite or its ilk). No stripper has ever cared what I'm drinking, and [some] waitresses care only that I order something.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… No stripper has ever cared what I'm drinking …”

Never been a big drinker but I used to drink a beer or two and sometimes a Long Island or two during SC visits.

I stopped drinking alcohol all together about 6 months ago and just drink water now.

A lot of strippers tell me in a surprised tone “you don’t drink?!” – IDK if they are just trying to make convo or they are young and like to party and drink and think everyone else should also or there is something wrong w/ them LOL.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I rarely drink booze at a stripclub. I prefer non-alcohol nude clubs anyway, so it works out perfectly.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I'd probably have to drink $50 to $100 of beer in only an hour or two to get drunk. Since I don't enjoy getting drunk or spending that much on beer, I'll stick with sober and enjoy the view. Plus if you get drunk, you have a good chance of having a hangover, not fun.
    Now I have met some people who routinely drink over 12 to 20 beers in a single night. That's more than I want. The guys who told me that were very hefty so maybe it's takes a lot more for them to feel it. Hopefully they stay home when they drink that much.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion