tuscl

City Downfalls

Friday, December 19, 2014 8:42 PM
What city do you think has had the biggest downfall recently in strip clubs?

I'd say Providence, RI. Clubs were amazing 2 years ago. Today they are a waste of time. I'm back there for work next week and may not bother going to any.

7 comments

• mmdv26
    10 years ago
    What are the reasons for its downfall?
  • HungryGiraffe
    10 years ago
    Agree with Providence selection. However, Club Desire has retained much of its old school charm.

I could be wrong, but I understood downfall was driven by LE activity, prompted by local politicians.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago

+ Memphis has gone from high-mileage lap-dances to girls having to wear boy-shorts and not being able to take anything off nor have LD contact.

+ Arlington, TX is a somewhat smallish city in b/w Dallas and Ft worth but had some nice SCs with some nice mileage – at its peak the city had about 14 SCs and now it may be down to 1 or 2 at most that are not worth visiting – the Arlington, TX downfall came post 2010 after Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones built his $1 billion stadium and he did not want the SCs around

+ Seattle also went from SC hero to SC zero – but others more familiar can comment w.r.t. Seattle
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    A little surprising Jones didn't want clubs around, given those stories that came out about him earlier this year.

In doing research on Nashville this year, it was clear that was once a pretty wild place that isn't anymore. It can happen.
  • Mal2
    10 years ago
    I'll go with memphis. Used to have some nice fun there, but the no nudity laws killed it pretty fast.
  • jack0505
    10 years ago
    Providence used to be able to walk into the club and within 10 minutes you'd have strippers offering extras, even full service. Most clubs had fully private rooms, a couple even with locking doors, too. Today, the private rooms are less private and the offers aren't happening anymore.
  • dr_lee
    10 years ago
    It's a lot more fun and engaging for me if the dancers are actually hot. Seems like dancers in the past were MUCH better looking than now. If there are any truly great natural-looking women, they barely work in strip clubs anymore. You either get super-fake girls or ones that don't take proper care of their bodies and look out of shape and don't even seem to keep themselves up from a beauty standpoint. There will be a hottie here and there, but they seem to be few and far between. I think most places are like this now. There may be a couple of cities, though, that have nonstop gorgeous women, but I haven't seen that city in a long time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion