tuscl

OT: Emerging Markets Mock the Pessimists

"Remember how this time last year a lot of analysts were predicting that 2014 would be a bad year for emerging markets? Didn't really happen, did it? Now I hear economists saying the reckoning they'd expected has only been postponed. It'll happen next year instead. It's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it."

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/20…

Well I bet those pessimists did not include The Economist or stevie-girl or those, like zipman68, who like to circle-jerk him on his economic/market views here on TUSCL. Because when they are skeptical they always get it right. Why? Because stevie-girl said so!

Now surely we don't have any pessimists here on TUSCL about the economy/emerging markets going into 2015 do we?

12 comments

• JamesSD
    10 years ago
    Is Russia an emerging market? I also avoid Ukraine. ..
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Yes, it's the 'R' in BRIC.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Doomed!
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds.
    Pessimists fear this is true.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    As I see it, how big the bubble gets is a measure of our society's sickness. Our economic system does not work and it needs to be changed. These bubbles might lower the unemployment and public assistance program rates for a while. And they might reduce some of the stress and anxiety for a while. But they are just based on needless resource consumption. If the bubble expands further, then there will more cars on the road and rents will continue to rise. But this resource consumption has no benefit in it. It does not solve any real problems.

But this is why it is broken, and why it is so fragile, because the jobs don't address real needs. They are only there because people keep boosting for the bubble. So as long as it keeps expanding, people keep betting their money that it will continue to. But then finally it collapses, and then people right away start boosting for the next bubble. And the underlying problems and the unmet needs never are met, as we squander non-renewable resources and do irreparable environmental damage.

SJG
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    2024 will be a shitty year
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Shanghai is certainly mocking the pessimists up about 42% now, YTD. Even though stevie-girl and The Economist insisted they would lead the world in its plunge into GLOBAL ECONOMIC DOOM!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Shanghai Surprise!
  • slaux.pas
    10 years ago
    Dougster I thought you liked that retard zipman68 cuz your both retards and neither of you have a dick. Owell I drove him off like I drove of that retard Steve229. You could not do that cuz your a retard. Now I am gonna drive you off. Then the smart people of TUSCL can talk
  • slaux.pas
    10 years ago
    O yes I forget your DOOOMED you retard. Totally DOOMED cuz I am so smart and your a retard.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    My emerging cock mocks the pessimists.
  • slaux.pas
    10 years ago
    Thats retarded slickspic dont encorage retards like Dougster. Be smart and help drive him off
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion