tuscl

Pittsburgh Clubs. Ugh

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:09 PM
I mentioned a few months back that I moved from Arizona (where the Phoenix clubs are both cheap and high mileage) to Pittsburgh, which offers neither cheap dances nor high mileage. Needless to say, I'm having a hard time adjusting and am just venting a bit on two counts: 1) Many of the clubs here do not open until 6 or 7 pm at night, which really hampers me. I usually went to the clubs during the day in Arizona, and it's very hard for me to get out of the house during the mid to late evening. 2) This is more of a comparison point, but you'd think that Detroit and Pittsburgh would be more alike. They're both rust belt cities with blue collar feels to them. I'm surprised that Detroit is one of the best club cities in the country while Pittsburgh is one of the most. Anyway, chime in if you have anything to say. Like I said, just frustrated and venting a bit. Thanks.

13 comments

• jackslash
    10 years ago
    I grew up in western Pennsylvania, and I know the Pittsburgh area. You'll find a lot of scenic beauty and forests. You have to go deer hunting--it's the law. Downtown Pittsburgh is very attractive, with the Allegheny and the Monongahela Rivers joining to form the Ohio River at Point State Park. Pittsburgh has cultural activities like the Carnegie Museum and sports teams like the Steelers (Go Steelers!) I don't know anything about the strip clubs. But you have a lot of women without many opportunities to earn good money. You might ask the dancers about OTC. You could also take a 3 day weekend and drive to Detroit.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    I am in your area and I don't even bother going to the clubs. I take weekend trips to Toronto and Detroit to fulfill my strip club needs. Both are about a 5 hour drive.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Western Pennsylvania is nice. but obviously Detroit is a whore magnet.
  • VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    You made one big mistake: 1. I moved from Phoenix to Pittsburgh. Phoenix beautiful weather, hot coeds, great clubs. Pittsburgh shitty rust belt, crappy weather, ugly women. Why did you move? Any way to get back to Phoenix?
  • IronFox22
    10 years ago
    Actually, I'm from Pittsburgh originally. So it's home. I prefer Pittsburgh over Phoenix in most respects except for the clubs. Sports / museums / hiking / historic sites/ etc. I'll have to make do.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Never move to a city with shitty strip clubs unless you travel frequently. Especially tru if the new city is as cold as a witch's tit in the winter. Just my 2 cents.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Canny was working and living in Pittsburg and had the scoop on several clubs. He may be in Ft Myers FL full time now. A couple of year ago he drove the 1 hour+ to Palace in the Pines in Lowellville OH to meet me there. We were not impressed with the place but recently the reviews have been pretty good. If I was in the area I would give it another try.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    All the hot co-eds from all the colleges and universities complained because they didn't want the competition. Besides, what's a good strip club experience compared to the easy availability of great piroghis!
  • impala
    10 years ago
    Pittsburg clubs suck! I live in PA and use to think that the Pburg clubs have to be good, that was until I actually experienced them and almost always have been disappointed. And, if you are willing to take a short drive (to Erie, Wheeling WV, or Youngstown OH) you can get so much more bang for your buck. But, Pburg being what it is and having a semi captive audience, what do you really expect.
  • Longball300
    10 years ago
    I have had a pretty good time at Cheerleaders...... that being said it's not going to be Phoenix. We are talking about a city that is less than 1/6 th the size. Head due north to Partners in Erie and keep Niagara Falls (Canadian) in mind too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    It seems more cities than not have a sucky SC scene – i.e. cities w/ good SCs seem to be the exception. As others have mentioned; it’s better to head out of the area; but if you said “it's very hard for me to get out of the house during the mid to late evening.” I take it may also be hard for you to take off to a different area.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    How about Silky's? [view link] Because it is a membership club and because they post 1/2 VIP prices, I would suspect that it is extreme mileage. True? SJG
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    Late to the game on this post... I've never been to Phoenix so I really can't compare. Only Blush and PH have day shifts as far as I know. Blush is stupid expensive, and PH is usually dead. So, not much help time wise there. If you can swing early evening, a few other posters who are more active in the 'burgh do make it seem like the menu improves for regulars once the dancers get comfortable with you and you are not LE.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion