tuscl

More Than A Dozen Arrests At Miami Strip Club Raid

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A month long undercover investigation culminated early Friday morning with a multi-agency raid at a Miami strip club which led to more than a dozen arrests.

Miami police and state beverage officers raided the Wonderland Strip Club on Biscayne Boulevard and 78th Street.

Fourteen people were arrested.

Dancers from the club, managers and other employees were cuffed with zip ties and led into a paddy wagon.

This was a month long undercover operation. Police said dancers at the club sold undercover officers cocaine and pot, and sex in exchange for cash.

Club managers were also arrested for serving liquor after the club was supposed to be closed.

Police said during the raid they also found small stashes of cocaine around the club.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/11/07/mor…

12 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Wonderland is a pretty upscale and expensive SC.

It’s kinda in a bad hood but it’s off US-1/Biscayne-Blvd which serves as a major artery to the affluent areas of Aventura and affluent parts of North Miami Beach and is also a main artery to South Beach – I assume the club may have been targeting the South Beach party crowds after they had left the dance clubs in South Beach.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Papi, does any bad shit happen at tootsies? That's my go to club in Miami. I'd hate to see anything bad happen to them.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    By the way, I didn't know anyone still use the phrase paddy wagon. Sounds like the 1920s.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    If it's not called a paddy wagon today, what do they call them now?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    To be honest; the raid kinda surprised me.

Miami is a party town and to some extent the authorities often look the other way unless things get too out of hand – perhaps Wonderland was late on its extortion payments.

And it’s kinda funny since on weekend nights at least; one would often see a police car or two parked in front of the club working as security for the club.

I heard something about a raid @ Tootsies a few months ago but IDK if it actually happened – but it seems business as usual as far as I know @ Toots (I actually don’t go their that often b/c of the lack of chocolate).
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    The Playboy Club used to on the other side of the Boulevard and river, so in wasn't such a bad an area as today. The demographics, I don't think have changed as much as has the culture.

As far as the SOBE crowds, I would think that would more likely be E11EVEN. Wonderland is sort of located in Never Neverland. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^ I think you’re right Clubber – E11even does seem to now be the place for the late night party crowd – but Wonderland had been around for a bit b/f E11even was in business and I guess after E11even opened it took some or most of Wonderland’s thunder.
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Wonder what effect this will have on other Miami clubs? Several of the black clubs allow people to smoke pot right there inside the club. If you're looking for an excuse to raid a place that's easy. Most of the strippers probably have drugs in the locker room.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^ yeah – I was thinking the same thing and if this meant that other Miami SCs were now going to be more on the straight-and-narrow at least for the short-term.

There had to be something to it b/c if they wanted to they could bust pretty much all the SCs in Miami-Dade county for one shit or another – perhaps it may have been the serving alcohol after the club closed thing.
  • VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    The raid sucks! Especially considering most of this activity is victimless crime. Wish the police would focus their efforts on crimes with real victims.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    At least if they would have just arrested the ROBs then it would not be so bad :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    It seems somebody squealed on the club and according to the video link below the police had previously spoken w/ the club’s manager about cleaning up their act.

So hopefully the crackdown is just due to that specific club and not other Miami clubs.

http://www.wsvn.com/story/27324673/miami…

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion