tuscl

'Dead' Strip Club

Even for a normally lame Alberta SC the club I visited yesterday evening was especially dead. Admittedly, it was bad weather but Calgary is Calgary; snowstorms are common. The dancers were a homely group and they were so bored and lifeless that the young guys were refusing to toss loonies and toonies on stage. This just made dancer attitudes even more pissy. One group of young guys moved to an upper corner of the club to play beer pong.

Beer pong in a SC? That was enough for me, I threw back my virgin Caesar, left the club and went for a walk in the snow.....much more pleasant than the club.

6 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Does Calgary still have Electric Avenue?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @Dougster,

What the hell do you know about Electric Avenue? Back in the day (1980s) that was the happening area. Maybe you remember Mad Trapper's?.....that was my favourite joint back in the heyday. Electric Avenue has changed to condos, high end retail and restaurants these days.

The Red Mile (17 Ave SW) and the night club strip along 1 St SW are the places to be now.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    A friend of mine told me of some wild nights on electric ave. He was in Alberta oil industry himself for a bit.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    OK, I give up. What are loonies and toonies?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    loonie = $1 coin
    toonie = $2 coin
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    JS69: the "Looney" gets its name from the loon that is pictured on one side of the coin. When the Canadian government decided to replace the $2 bill with a coin as well, it became known as the "Tooney" (two-ney) by popular use.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion