tuscl

Can't wait to hear what SJG has to say about this.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. —
A man was shot twice in the leg early Sunday outside a strip club near San Jose in a "chaotic scene" where about 50 people were detained for questioning, a Santa Clara County sheriff's spokesman said Monday.

At about 3:15 a.m. Sunday, sheriff's deputies were driving to an unrelated call by the Pink Poodle club at 328 S. Bascom Ave. when they saw the muzzle flash of a gunshot in the club's side parking lot, sheriff's Sgt. Kurtis Stenderup said.

A man was struck two times in the leg by bullets and was later transported to a hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening, Stenderup said.

Deputies detained about 50 people near the club to query them about the shooting and recovered a handgun at the scene, according to Stenderup.

"It was a very chaotic scene that took a while for us to control," he said.

Some of the people detained were customers of the club, Stenderup said.

The suspect in the shooting has not been identified and no one was arrested, deputies said.

The sheriff's office will attempt to extract DNA evidence from the gun for testing in an effort to identify a suspect, according to Stenderup.

8 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    Any strip club can be described as a "chaotic scene" on Father's Day
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    There go my plans to club in San Jose. I wonder if anyone on this site knows the history over the past 100 years of shootings at strip clubs in Santa Clara county? Probably not.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Actually I wonder if there is any unsovled missing Amp worker cases
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    It's pretty safe at the Cheetah's (The old Kit Kat Club.)
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    Do You know the way to San Jose
    I've been away so long I may go wrong and lose my way.
    Do You know the way to San Jose
    I'm going back to find some peace of mind in San Jose
    LA is a great big freeway put a hundred down and buy a car.
    Someday they will make you a Star ! ...................
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    ^^^
    But there is no way I'm going to this Cheetah's/Kit Kat Club unless I know it's history. Who founded it, their motivations, genealogy, 3rd grade teacher, etc. the standard stuff you need to know before going somewhere. If only there was a TUSCL brother that knew San Jose and had that kind of information.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I wonder what Father Junípero Serra would have to say about this.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    I knew nothing about this Pink Poodle incident. Actually when I saw the words about a chaotic situation, I figured it would have been at this new Gold Club, which is in SJ downtown. There with all the discos and lots of other stuff, there are always chaotic situations out on the streets.

At the Pink Poodle, it is usually quiet. Across Bascom, and right on the corner of Stevens Creek, is a shopping center with a bar, the 49er in. Sometimes dancers and customers do hang out there, because they can drink. Of course they cannot drink in the Pink P.

Don't know anything about this, and I wouldn't think it has anything to do with the Pink P. It is just that that is a local landmark, so the news reports it that way. That stretch is unincorporated, and so you see it is being policed by the Sheriffs.

Cheetah's was called the Kit Kat Club. The guy who started it also owned Sporty's Bar / Candid Club / Richard's lounge. Not sure if this is still true. The building used to be a Bennihannas of Tokyo. You can see that it looks like that, with the high center part of the building where they would have had the grill. I've never liked the place, $40 air dances and all. Hard to talk to the girls when they can just keep asking if you want a dance. The dance is worthless, so better to just hand her $40 to keep her sitting with you and talking.

But in all fairness, it is not the club owners who cause this. In the early 90's they tried to being SF style lap dancing to Santa Clara County. They got stung bad. Our DA's office will always pull out all the stops to prevent that. So the $40 buck dances are just to keep the dancers happy, so they don't all run off. To get Sunnyvale to issue the biz license to open that place, the owner had to file a lawsuit. This how tuff things are around her. But at least we do have AMPs and AAMPs, and some of what goes on in these places is phenomenal.

About Junipero Serra, you know that in San Bruno there is a statue of him overlooking highway 280. I think this is okay, because he was a major historical figure in Calif. But in City of Santa Clara they have at City Hall a huge bronze statue of Clair of Assisi. This on public property I find to be excessive. She is holding a lily, whereas usually she is depicted holding the Monstrance. But still I think it improper.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a…

I had not seen this thread or JohnSmith69's. Contrary to what he seems to think, I have only got a couple of hours budgeted on most days to be on this. I am probably on less than he is. Anyway I will speak to a more serious Pink P incident on his thread.
    https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=3…

I am also thinking about submitting an article about a particular AMP encounter and one Taiwanese Angela.

SJG

Clapton, Wonderful Tonight, Hyde Park
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJvgh563…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion