tuscl

Plat Plus dancer and bf killed on bike

aroundtown
South Carolina
http://www.thestate.com/2014/10/05/37255…

She was a fav day shift dancer. God rest her soul. What a shame

16 comments

• londonguy
    10 years ago
    Very sorry to read this. Is it legal to ride without helmets over there?

A tragic and avoidable accident.
  • aroundtown
    10 years ago
    Yeah, no helmet law here in SC. People die weekly on bikes. This dude apparently was hauling ass with his stripper gf on the bike. The wreck happened less that a mile from the club
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    Wearing helmets should be mandatory worldwide. As should banning the use of cell phones whilst driving.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    As a rider, I would never ride sans helmet. That said, I do not think it should be mandatory any more than having government make any behavior required.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Bottom line they did something stupid and paid a very high price,
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    were traveling west on Gracern Road at an “extreme rate of speed.”

i wonder if no helmets really mattered
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Ride safe Clubber. A close relative died on his bike from a head injury so I've never had any interest.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I know that stretch of road very well. Bunch of small businesses and speed limit 35mph. Only a minute or 2 from the club. Have to wonder if alcohol or drugs were involved.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc,

Youth would more likely be a contributing factor. One need only look quickly at motorcycle fatality statistics to see a solid pattern.
  • trickystick
    10 years ago
    Clubber, the driver of the motorcycle was 39 years old.
  • rob0411
    10 years ago
    Someone said she was "a favorite dayshift dancer". The article said her name was Holly. What was her stage name? I don't recognize Holly as a dancer.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    I was doing about 85 mph on a Honda 305 in 1966 sans helmet when I caught a June-bug right in the mouth. I always wore a helmet after that.
  • rentz2
    10 years ago
    What was her stage name?
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    It's sad to hear. I once did a lot of bicycling without a helmet at speeds up to about 60 mph. I got talked into wearing a helmet. A few years later I was glad. I had a head injury and dented or cracked that helmet big time. I did not need surgery. Concrete hits hard.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    tricky,

39 is youthful. Problem is, "youth" can't be defined strictly in chronological terms. Example, me. Chronologically, 65, mentally, close to 12. :)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    gamker,

I've caught a few bugs in the "face", and seeing the results on my shield, well...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion