tuscl

Bad Customer Service

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:09 AM
This review of BT's, a club in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn, illustrates the bad customer service and cluelessness you can encounter in strip clubs. [view link]

14 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I only wish that he named the manager/bouncer. That way, we all can call up BT's and harrass and hound them about this douchebag. Fuck him.
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    Not only did they lose a customer over $10, but now 100s of other potential customers know about this situation and may likely choose to take their business elsewhere. So short-sighted.
  • dennyspade
    10 years ago
    This review ia why I enjoy TUSCL. Save me some time, dollars or misery and it's worth reading the review. Thanks for sharing.
  • silkypants
    10 years ago
    Very high review score for that experience. I would have given BT's a one star. BT's always needs more customers that spend real money on dancers and experiences like this don't help. It has been a while since I have been to BT's and I have never had that kind of experience at BT's.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    I always chuckle when I see a strip club and the term "customer service" in the same sentence. LOL. I kinda' see both sides of this. The bouncer may have been penny conscious, pound foolish in this instance, but there are broader issues at play. Many clubs earn primarily from high margin drink sales and, right or wrong, they thought that the reviewer was dead weight taking up a table on a full night. I'm sure that his club soda purchase on his second visit only reinforced their initial impression, lol. And of course waitresses are motivated to assist with drink policy enforcement as their income relies solely upon tips from drink sales. I often read complaints on here about club drink policies, but what the hell are some of these clubs supposed to do? This applies especially to dayshifts, when the clubs often aren't charging covers, make the dancers pay little to nothing in house fees, and some of these places even give away free food. I am thankful that I have never, in all of my years visiting easily 200+ clubs, had one of these silly conversations with club staff. First, because I always purchase at least a few drinks and, second, because I always take care of the waitress or bartender. Indeed, in the clubs I currently rotate among, I am always very welcome by the managers and bartenders who recognize me, even including the ones who know that I am there to do things that they do not approve of. ;)
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    This guy writes great and extensive reviews. I do not doubt that he spends the money he claims at the clubs. While Rick D is correct that drink sales are a significant source of club revenue, $7 for a club soda is probably higher profit than the same price for a cocktail so they were making plenty from him, especially the $42 he spent on dancer drinks. In my opinion, when a club hassles customers this way about drinks they are sending a message that they do not value their customers.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    If SJG wrote as well as you do, I'd actually finish his posts. GREAT story of your experience. My club used to have a 2 drink per hour minimum but dropped it years ago because all it did was piss off customers. They didn't make any extra money off it.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I would never frequent a club like this that hassles customers to order drinks. I know they need to discourage deadbeats who just come to look, but that's not me. I spend lots of $ on the girls which the club gets a part of. If a club can't tell a good customer from a deadbeat then it's time to find a new club just like this guy did.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I've never had a problem at any club. And I am not a heavy drinker, nor do I buy many "dancer" drinks.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Never been an issue for me either. Either BTs really sucks, or this particular manager is an incredibly stupid asshole. Perhaps both.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… Many clubs earn primarily from high margin drink sales and, right or wrong, they thought that the reviewer was dead weight taking up a table on a full night …” Point taken – but many of these clubs act like mafia enforcers enforcing all kinds of ridicules anti-customer shit. Every business wants people to spend in their establishments – it’s like a store in a mall forcing a custy to buy at least 2 items if they walked into their store (after all a store needs to sell) – or forcing a custy to buy something from their website just b/c they were on there and it costs money to maintain a website after all. It’s up to the customer how he wants to spend his $$$ and whether he decides to buy or not – you can’t force them to buy stuff Gambino style.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I had an instance like this with a car salesman. He had only classic cars on his lot and I stoped with my cousin. He wanted to show mw a car like his uncle had restored. The guy comes out yelling at us not to touch the cars. If we wanted to touch them we had to buy them first. We walked away and as we were crossing the street I pulled a large amount of cash out as I was headed to a car auction. I held the cash up and said loudly, I have cash and I was planning on buying a car but I will take my business elsewhere. My cousin said loudly, ya this guy is an asshole besides theynhave better cars at the auction anyway. The guy that yelled at us had a funny look on his face like he knew he fucked up and wanted to try to lure us back. He knew it was futile though. Dumb fuck
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    BTs is now on the "Must Avoid" list.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Great and useful review and will definitely affect my future spending decisions. Wish the owners could see this and fire the douche. Cudos to the reviewer! Only criticism, I wish reviewer had given straight "1" scores. In my book, 5 is average. 6 and up is above average. Nothing about these awful visits should be construed as anywhere near average or acceptable (much less above average or exceptional). Far too many clubs have composite scores of 5 or 6. It makes it impossible, at a glance, to tell the good ones from the great ones. I've been meaning to start a thread on this -- does it drive anyone else insane to read a lengthy review that ends with something like "worst SC experience of my life -- would never return under any circumstance" and then I see an overall score of 6? or 5? or even 4? Whaaaaat? Try a "1" !!! It is really an issue with the algorithm that computes the overall score. Reviewer is asked three questions: Physical Club Ratiing, Monetary Value, Dancer Quality each of which is added and divided by 3. Instead of Physical Club rating, let's say "Club Atmosphere" -- therefore, dickhead managers/bouncers or shitty/annoying waitresses would be easily reflected here. Instead of Dancer Quality, let's say "Dancer Experience" -- therefore, if she is hot as hell but treats me like I am a leper and avoids all contact, my experience was poor and my score would reflect as such. For what its worth . . .
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion