tuscl

Aren't customers suppose to be treated with respect?

I happened to work part-time at a retail store and I have to deal with customers on a regular basis. What strikes me is that out in the "real" world customers get treated as if they are gods. Management and the store owner will do their best to please that customer or customers but this isn't the same at a stripclub. A stripper can say something out of the way to you at the club and nothing will probably be done about it, but if you say something to a customer in a different setting from a SC you will either be given a written reprimand or possibly fired. What I am trying to say is that basically out in the "real world" management and store policy are geared toward customer satisfaction but at a stripclub policies and mangagement are geared toward keeping their butts out of hotwater and making them money and are not necessarily in the customers best interest as far as him having a good time spending his hard earned money.

11 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    Only if you are willing to allow it. Personally I don't go to clubs like that.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    It is now common to have to pay $20 for a booth. I wonder how many times decisions are made on seating on whether I'm alone, with a group, wearing suit, wearing a golf shirt or have the status of a regular. Customers are sheep and are here to be shorn.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Some clubs try to overdue the respect thing. I don't need a waitress to be seated when there are plenty of empty seats. I like to pick and choose as well and move around. Sometimes you may want to avoid certain dancers you know are going to come after you. On the other hand you may simply not like the way the light is at one location versus another (ie. too dark, too bright, etc.)
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    But to answer the original question, strip clubs are the only place I know of where customers are routinely NOT treated with respect. And if we object that supposedly makes us losers. Guess again.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I don't really think that these behaviors have much to do with them being dancers, they probably weren't any different before they started dancing and won't be any different when they quit. There are givers and takers in this world, and that applies to dancers just as much as anyone else. It's just a lot easier to tell which is which in a SC.
  • dennyspade
    19 years ago
    JPac:

I just want to echo the sentiment of earlier posters when I say that your $$$ decides a lot more than you imagine. A Dancer who cannot "count" the number of songs she's danced or "short-changes" with the amount of time, will not be getting additional dances from you or others similarly treated.

In essence, her "Business Practices" will economically shift those $$$ to another dancer or another club. Whenever a dispute arises with a New Dancer (at your club) about the # of dances given. Don't argue with her. Just pay her and ignore her next time and every other time you see her. If you are new to the Club, consider if you want to retrurn here. I had a situation in Chicago, whereby, the Dancer didn't know that I was a Cherished Regular, and then complained to management that I was trying to stiff her by not paying for all the songs. She was let go from her job that evening. Your reputation and your conduct is often observed by other dancers, bouuncers and managers. You don't have to be a VIP or "high-roller" to be given such treatment.

Treat me (and my Boyz) with respect or I will not come back.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Japac, there's an easy way to deal with this. Spend money on the girls who treat you the way you want to be treated. Ignore those who don't. And if they ask you why you won't give them any money, tell them.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    It takes certain level of maturity to understand that treating customers with respect and courtesy leads to increased income. SC's operate on the assumption that all men will be satisfied with T&A, contact and occasional extras. Managers and dancers do not believe that they are required to provide an entertaining atmosphere. It's get the money and move on to the next customer or stay if he is a RIL. Dancers are not trained in customer satisfication. It seems that they are allowed to act anyway they want to--as long as no rules or laws are broken--and make whatever they can. As with all people, you will find some dancers who are attentive and entertaining, but most are looking for the instant money and not much else. This is not a world for friendships.
  • Jpac73
    19 years ago
    If I ask a dancer for a lapdance and she doesn't have me seated in the room before the song begins, then wants to stop dancing right as the song ends shouuldn't I be able to complain to management? I mean if they are really serious about being customer friendly they would do something about it like give a free dance or drink on the house, but I know that will never happen in a million years. The reason why is we aren't really "customers" in the true sense of the word. Yes we make them money but aren't always treated well for our money. We are more or less dupes in their plan to make money. I guess what I am trying to say is stripclubs aren't really legit businesses ,you get what you get. Sometimes you have your good days or nights and sometimes you get pissed off but I guess you enter at your on risk.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Jpac, please tell me where your store is so I can shop there, because I often don't have that experience in the stores I go to. But I must say things have gotten a lot better compared to say 20 years ago, thanks to increased competition. But to answer your question, most strippers don't work for the club, they are independent contractors. And most SC managers don't know what they're doing and don't care very much about their customers. SC's are among the least customer-oriented businesses that I know of. If they are making money, why change? Increased competition will ultimately change that but it will take awhile in some areas.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago

I'm treated very well (most of the time) at strip clubs, but it's NOT Walmarts. The dancers usually treat me well because it is in their best interest to do so and not because of a management heavy. In a situation like that I prefer it if the management is laid back and allow the dancers very wide latitude. OTOH, I think most people prefer more rules and uniformity. The main objection that I have to strip clubs is their mini-monopoly status granted by government, which reduces choice and increases cost.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion