tuscl

Recent site changes.

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
I just want to publicly thank founder for escalating the ignore functionality to the next level. Making ignored people completely disappear is awesome.

The style and formatting changes ain't too bad either, though there are some spots where the contrast is a little less than my aging eyes prefer.

Thanks.

19 comments

• Clackport
    10 years ago
    +1 on making ignored people disappear completely
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Bravo for Founder for making an improvement that most of us like. Too bad it pisses Juice and his crew off.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    Not quite completely. Ignored users' topics still show up randomly on the sidebars.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    The font choice combined with the light blue color makes it pretty difficult to read the titles of the discussion topics (on a smart phone).
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned: The avatar pics are displayed with non-proportional scaling to automatically fit into a square box, eg, Shadowcat's is squished horizontally, and others are squished vertically. There should be an option Founder can select to maintain proportions and allow height and/or width to vary.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    thx chandler.... fixed
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    Very nice! You're welcome.
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    " Too bad it pisses Juice and his crew off."

Y would this piss us off ? We use the ignore button as well

Yes i agree with George thank you Founder and may God bless America

Thank about this ?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    No reason for me to use the ignore button. It would be like being on TUSCL Lite. I want everything this site has to offer....the good...the bad...and the ugly
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I was wondering if Founder was trying to mess with me the other day making a day old thread state my join date was 1969 and yesterday I temporarily saw mikeya02 suddenly become ratdog or some other username. Nice to see thngs are back.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I try not to keep very many people on ignore. They seem to disappear permanently if I do. Except for some juice aliases, he keeps popping up like pop a mole.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Ratdog!!! founder, can I change my nick?
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    I am glad it makes it easier for me too ignore all those people too
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Why would y'all want to ignore anyone. That's rude behavior.
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    Did the time stamp on posts always just give you an approximate, relative time? "X hours ago"? I've always hated that. I like to know the actual time stamp.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    4oureye - What time zone do you think should be used? Tucson MST or perhaps Make Londonguy happy and use GMT.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @4oureyes: The timestamps have had their current form for quite some time now, at least a year.

@shadowcat: My time zone should be used for me, and Londonguy's for him. However, it *can* be a pain in the ass to localize time display. It's eminently doable, but there's a number of prerequisites to make it simpler, one of which is storing full time zone information in the fields in the DB. Again, not difficult in and of itself, but a pain to go back and change existing data.

There are tools to make it all but automatic, but again, it's retrofitting existing code to make it happen. And from what I've heard, despite our fascination and participation, the discussion board takes a distant second place to the club listings. The club listings are the sites revenue generator.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    But I have to say, I'm liking the new look on the discussion board on my PC. Not so much on my phone; as I said before the contrast doesn't suit me, but from my desktop, it's just fine.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Agree that the upgraded ignore function is awesome. If chandler hadn't mentioned the sidebar thing I probably never would have even noticed it. Thanks for the changes, Founder.
    The light blue font and icons aren't bad on a desktop or tablet, but on my smartphone it gets kind of washed out. But it's workable.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion