tuscl

dancers approaching from behind

When a dancer approaches you from behind to ask for a dance how likely are you going to accept said dance?

me, I will reject said dancer 99.9% of the time, because I like to see what I am getting and it is hard to tell over your shoulder or with just a look of her face.

9 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    I usually sit at the bar if there is one, so the girl always approaches from behind, there's no other possibility. I don't mind if the girl is doing a tip walk, which I actually like because it gives you a chance to see them up close and personal and to talk for a bit with every girl in the place. But other than that I don't like to be approached at all, I'd much rather do the approaching.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    When a dancer approaches from behind, I have an almost immediate response of "maybe later." I say almost immediate because sometimes the dancer realizes I haven't had a chance to look her over yet to even know if I'm interested in her for her looks. I've had a couple of dancers approach from behind which I don't like, but then they stepped back and let me look them over a little bit. It's more typical though that the dancer who approaches from behind gets too close to check her out and thus will immediately get turned down. I don't like people sneaking up behind me.
  • ArtCollege
    19 years ago
    If a dancer has any sense, she'll start at the front of the room so that the guys she approaches can see her. I've turned down dance invitations because she came from behind, then later, when I had a good look, tried to get her attention again.

Exception: really ugly girls should come up from behind
  • mike_somd
    19 years ago
    However, the seats with the back to the wall may not always be open... Sitting at the tip rail leads to less dancers approaching also unliss it is S L O W
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Well, pardon my being a smartass here but it sounds like we are dealing with a case of common sense 101 here. What fool would buy a dance from a woman he can't even see?
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I agree with Mike on this one. I hate it when a girl sneaks up from behind and you have to make a decision in 1.5 seconds. I once turned down a girl who did this, later that night asked her to join me, and became her regular customer. The first time she asked I had just sat down, the place was very dark and I couoldn't see anything, and I had never been in this place before and had no idea how things worked there. I will almost always say no in a situation like that.
  • mike_somd
    19 years ago
    most of the time they are so close to your shoulder that when you turn around you don't see the full package very well
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Can't you just turn around and look at her?
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    That's a good reason to sit against the wall, if you can. No surprises that way.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion