tuscl

Portland 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
PORTLAND - One person was killed and four others wounded a shooting outside a Portland strip club Friday night, police said.

Investigators said the shooting in the parking lot of Soobie's Bar & Grill Strip Club appeared to be gang-related.

They said five people were hit by gunfire and one of them, a 26-year-old man, died later, at a Portland hospital.

The other four victims were a 26-year-old man, a 24-year-old man, a 32-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman. None of their injuries appeared to be life-threatening, police said.

Homicide and Gang Enforcement Team detectives were leading the investigation.

7 comments

• the mighty quinn
    10 years ago
    Portland has some serious problems that the city isn't addressing. There is a young (early mid 20s) group that sees the gang images of the late 80s early 90s as cool or funny or at the least nothing serious. Mix alcohol and hormones with that and trouble is likely. It's very different compared to what was going on in LA. Seattle - Tacoma gangs laugh at those in Portland. Also those cities were dealing with the gang problems. Portland is not as aggressive not proactive.
    And as the saying goes, nothing good happens after midnight.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    If these are gang related and done in public they are not professional. Thugs do crap like this to get attention. Professionals will take care of their business so the general public doesnt know about it. They dont want attention so their agenda is not slowed down.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Ranukam, say it ain't so.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    In the year 2014, I've probably seen more Portland 2amers posted on TUSCL than any other city. Maybe it's time for me to get out of Portland.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I like the Trailblazers. My favorite Western Conference team
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Ranukam...buy a gun and learn how to use it
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    One shooting at Sobies, where I pass by often when me and my CF. The place is boarded up and still is boarded up. No telling when it will open for business.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion